Chapter 32: Did you Miss Me?

Sarina's POV:

Paul Ronson, one of the cutest and most popular guy in college. He was a nice guy when we became friends but somehow along the way; he became a jerk who spread rumors about me being a slut at school.

He was still good looking but he lost some muscle, I could see a small beer belly on him and maybe a receding hairline. Word around the reunion was that he failed his nursing exams twice and is stuck with managing his father's printing shop.

"Hello Paul." I nodded trying to be politely.

"Ah, so you are too good for me now? That is all I get after all these years? Hello Paul?" he teased but I could detect some steel in his voice.

Some people just never change.

"Do not start this, you know why I am not comfortable with you." I kept my gaze steady when I would have ran away if I were the old me.

"Okay,okay....so I was jerk before but that was only because I liked you so much that it hurt me when you said no." he tried to get closer to me so I took a discreet step back, but he was fast and put an arm around my waist.

"My memory is great, I just asked you to wait but you made me choose and when I chose to break up; you hurt me."I said to him evenly. " Look, let us just go our separate ways."

I tried to turn and tapped my earpiece as I searched for my friends when he tightened his grip, making me yelp. " Ouch! Hey!"

I lifted my gaze and tried to tell him to let go of me but my body froze when I saw the familiar full blown lust that frightened me when he tried to touch me when we were dating.

"You are still the same weak girl, you think you are so special now more than ever because you got some fucking title." Gone was his smile and I saw the same angry/lustful face that gave me nightmares. "Well let me tell you now. Underneath all that riches and expensive perfume; you are just the same bitch who should be taught a lesson and I think we could do that over by a secluded spot in the beach. "

I felt the same fear when I was in college but as he tried to drag me to a secluded path to the beach, I stood my ground but he was stronger and although I was scared and shaking with everyone's eyes suddenly on me. I stumped on his feet with my heel.

He cried out in pain and pushed me hard. The wineglass flew out my hand and I braced myself as I feel backwards.

But the fall...never happened. Strong arms held me in a firm but gentle grip, My body was now cradled by a hard, firm body in a suit and I looked up a bit disoriented.

It was him. The dark haired guy that reminded me of Leone and he was looking Paul like he was lower than dirt. Oddly the same frown and scowl on his face was also similar to my lover.

"Who the hell are you?" the stranger's dark rumbling tone held power and somehow that made Paul back away but he did not retreat.

"She's my ex, who fuck are you!?" Paul retorted, his ears turning red at being thwarted yet again.

"I own this place. Kassim bin Amir Al Assad at your service." he smiled in a feral way that was set to intimidate as he tightened his hold on me "You are disturbing this reunion so I suggest you behave or..."

he snapped his fingers and two burly bodyguards appeared near him cracking their knuckles.

"I could just throw you out. Choose wisely." he snarled softly making my ex swallow hard upon seeing how big and menacing the guards were.

"Ah....I think I should get going now. I don't wanna miss my bus ride home." he said weakly as he inched away.

But not before he gave me a disgusted look as he walked away faster than usual, I frowned but nonetheless I was glad he got what was coming to him.