Chapter 42: My Fiancée

Leo's POV:

I could see that she was trying to hold it in but Seymone's head whirled back and forth in wonder at the mountain based airport as the location allowed the visitors a fantastic view of Illyria.

The country's geography is an unusual one. It was surrounded by a ring of ancient old volcanoes that have since decayed and became mountains rich in minerals.

Therefore the airport has a 2 bases: a mountain and a mainland base.

A bullet train is available for all to use but the royal family has a hidden train reserved for themselves and it takes us all the way to the underground stop of the Royal Palace. I remembered that the whole project took 5 years for my father to complete but thanks to this, we avoid the traffic from the streets.

Besides my father is anxious to see Seymone. We agreed to forego a parade and a public ceremony until she is more comfortable with her new station as a princess.

"Leone." Sarina's voice made me look at her with a smile. She was wearing a simple turtleneck sweater with loose sleeves and tight cuffs and a Merrim wool coat with velvet pants and heels.

And yet she still looks so lovely.

"Yes?" I leaned towards her as she lifted her face to my ear and whispered.

"I hope the first meeting with his Majesty goes well. I am nervous that Sey might rebuke the king." she said. "I hope she gives him time to explain his side."

"This is why you, me and Cat will be present. I anticipated that and I am sure the three of us can contain it." I reassured her and she gave me a sigh of relief as our entourage led us away from the crowded airport halls and into the train station where a lot of tourists and locals alike take the public train to reach Vanid.

I pulled out my sunglasses and put them on to hid my eyes. I saw my duchess' bodyguard K.C  and the other Mirage guards with us subtly tighten their formation around us as a few of the media started taking pictures and started asking us questions.

"No questions will be answered here, please come to the press conference that will be held 3 days from now. Thank you!" Luis' explanation as he stayed behind to stop the reporters from coming after us made it easier for the guards to usher us into our the tunnel that led to our own private train.

We each went to our private compartments, K.C agreed to keep Sey company while I quickly took Sarina's hand and pulled her into mine. She looked at her cousin who smiled and shooed her so she went with me after some hesitation.

My compartment is spacious and was streamlined to be a bed if necessary with the usual comforts like a folding laptop desk and outlets for chargers. There is also a lower rack filled with newspapers, a small flatscreen with its movable mount up the ceiling and a small wall fridge full of snacks. A palace chef and some attendants are currently on board to serve us some food since the trip to the Palace take an hour and 30 minutes.

"You like it?" I asked her as she looked around before sitting on the right couch as she stretched her legs.

"This is incredible." she looked at me and looked a little overwhelmed. "First the private plane and now a private train, it takes some time getting used to..."

Her uncomfortable actions continued throughout the trip and I could not help but worry as an attendant came in and greeted us while presenting a menu.

"Wagyu Steak with Potatoes and Roasted Vegetables." I said immediately without looking at it. "a chilled Bottle of the best Rosé Wine."

"I'll have the Filet Mignon with Asparagus and Herbed Potatoes and a glass of Sauvignon Blanc," she said after skimming the menu.