Chapter 75: The Cat is out of the Bag

Leone's POV:

2 days after the whole Laila incident...

Two days later after a very thorough clean up. I met Kiel at Mirage HQ where I am confident whatever he has to say will be kept as a secret.

Seeing him clad in another white business suit and a black shirt along with an intimidating presence as he sat down to talk. His stern handsome face presented a severe visage probably due to his hair styled back by styling mousse and subtle masculine cologne.

He really looks like a young *don

*Head boss of a mafia

Online research about this organization was scarce. But what little I can find of Luce e Ombra was disturbing enough.

To think that Sarina's family was actually this incredible.

No, I don't think my fiancee was even ware that her brother was even part of such a group.

I had to lie to Sey, who witnessed it all and told her that Kiel has been secretly helping us out and I made her promise to keep this a secret of Rina.

But that was just a cover-up.

Kiel appearing before us was actually an unexpected surprise.

"Before we start this conversation, An interesting bird told me that my sister has lost some of her memories because of some scheme of your scorned lover. So this even true?"

I clenched my fist at the blatant disapproval of his voice but I held my ground.

"Yes." I answered.

"I also heard you wiped the very fucker who hurt her off the face of the world." He cracked his knuckles. "That is the only reason why you do not have a fist planted at your face right now."

His reluctant praise did not make me smile.

"So the rumors I have heard of these Mirage agents are true. Using incredibly rare abilities and being able to solve problems that are usually impossible. Tell me, Prince Leone. What are you Illyrians? Are you even human? Does Sarina even know what you really are?"

"I could say the same thing about Luce e Ombra." I looked at my soon to be brother-in-law. "An ancient order founded the day the mafia was formed. Your clan's objective is to maintain the balance between mafia families all over the world which makes them formidable. You also have certain " special" abilities that make it possible for you to monitor the mafia and combat their numbers should they go against you. Abilities not so different from us."

The information clearly shocked him but he clenched his hands as he laughed harshly as his gaze turned icy cold.

"How?"

"Like you said. Mirage agents have certain " abilities" to do the impossible." I sat back, cool as a cucumber. "Do not worry. None of your brothers betrayed you; my men are just that good."

"I sure hope so because but how can I trust you?" he asked me, his eyes were sharp and they seem to glow.

"La Famiglia e Tutto. Family...is everything. I don't intend to interfere with your personal matters in your organization. You have my word as the next King of Illyria and..as your brother-in-law."

The words seem to have the desired effect for his eyes dimmed and went back to its usual color.

"Good. I can hold you to that since you used the magic words but I'll be watching you." He relaxed. "Now...regarding my sister...Has she recovered somewhat? I will be visiting her since she is here in France."