Chapter 53: The Plot Thickens

Leone's POV:

I found her asleep and dressed in a floral nightgown the color of lilac and white lace. Her chest heaved gently as a light snore left her lips; the pale moonlight gave her skin a bluish glow on the purple - yellow ring bruise on her neck, making my heart ache. My brain was still processing what had happened to her and I felt my fists clench after my confrontation with my cousin.

The memory of it was an eye-opener.

And I find myself torn after Kassim spat out his side of the story even though after contacting K.C as my lover asked me days ago to gather information about the girl she was dreaming of. I felt sick to my stomach when the agent confirmed the facts according to the intel she gathered in s from the Mirage Agent's mainframe.

Safirah. My last memory of her was 2 years ago when I attended her 10th birthday in Kassim's Mansion in Italy. She was growing into a little beauty and she would cling to me, declaring in her own childlike enthusiasm that she would marry me when she turns 15. Among my Danati female cousins; she was the only one I have a soft spot for.

I had no idea that she was sold like an object by my vile Uncle and given to a dirty drug lord.

Just because her blood was special and it was capable of changing chemicals into a highly addictive drug compound.

Fuck it. 

I want to save her but my anger at Kassim would not abate. The memory of him strangling Sarina all but made me want to renounce him as family and pummel him to dust even more after I blackened his right eye and broke his arm.

My swollen left cheek and my split lip was a testament to Kassim's strength; The bastard did not care that he was close to killing my woman. He was more obsessed with the info she gave away and was fighting me like a man possessed until Shin, one of the Mirage agents knocked him out while we were trading blows.

I left the agent and his partner to discreetly cart my cousin off the hotel and back to his house while I was lost in thoughts on the way to my penthouse condo in the Palms, a district reserved only for the highest paying elites.

I met K.C as I came inside the living room, she looks better and I thanked her for using her "secondary ability" to get me here. The downside of it was that her ability requires using all her energy which is why she never uses it unless it is an emergency.

She told me that after Sarina was treated and took a shower; she fell dead asleep on my bed.

I thanked her and gave her the rest of the night off and had two Mirage agents stand by in her place. She deserves some rest if she is going to be with my fiancee tomorrow morning.

After going inside my room, I stared at her for a while before I left to take a shower to lessen the burning pain on my face and lip. Taking off my suit and seeing bruises forming would worry Sarina when she wakes up so I decided to put on a long sleeve after my bath to hide it and some simple sleep pants.

I was drying my hair after applying ointment to my cracked lip when I saw Rina getting up from bed, her grey eyes went wide at seeing the state of my face. I felt a throbbing in my chest and felt the heaviness of her guilt.

Worried that she might blame herself, I walked to her and took her hands; she looked at me and shook off my hold on her, only for her to embrace me as she trembled.

I stay in her arms for a few minutes, feeling the flood of worry from her and a euphoric burst of happiness when I put my arms around her as I hugged her back but not too tightly since my body is in a world of pain.

We stayed like this for a moment, Taking solace in each other's presence; needing nothing but each other. It was an oddly calming experience and somehow all the worries in my mind faded.....just like that.