Chapter 59: A Lost Love Returns

Sarina's POV:

The air was very cold when I woke up, my breath came out in puffs as I straightened up and looked out the window and saw...

Breathtaking blue-grey mountains with icy white peaks against the morning sky.

A town was nestled in one of the smaller mountains, its sloping formation giving way to a unique formation of buildings and cottages, the numerous rooftops covered by the snow, the people milling about going to the town center, kids playing with snow, dogs were everywhere as well.

It was a lively town from my bird's eye view, I could also see a big lodge with building and a gondola system connecting it to the town. I have heard that Chamonix is a haven for a few skiing resorts so this must be one of them.

Then I remembered that I was on a private helicopter going to Leone's chateau up the Alps.

After Leone's meetings ended; we stayed in Paris for just 2 more days walking around sightseeing and going to cafes, visiting the best chocolate shops in Paris.

He even came with me to my last cooking class and the ladies could not seem to take their eyes off him as he sat and watch me knead the dough and make two kinds of pasta.

It was so much fun.

Before we took the private jet to Chamonix and took the helicopter the rest of the way.

"We're almost there." Leone's arm went around me. " Cold?"

I just burrowed even deeper into his embrace as I nodded and shivered.

"I'm still not used to it. " I admitted softly. my breaths making wisps of air against his jacket.

"When we get to the chateau, I'll warm you up real good," he whispered huskily as he tucked me against his arm and adjusted the blanket covering my legs. " Sleep."

I smiled as I slowly drifted to sleep soundly, lulled by the warmth of him.

---------------------------------------------------

It was vast unlike the cozy hunting lodge but this mountain chateau was whitewashed walls with a nice blue tile roofing, sturdy turrets flying the Illyrian Flags and beautiful sprawling front lawns and garden. But despite that, it looks really warm and homey.

A few ornaments and decors in light colors like the ice blue chandeliers, white fur rugs, silver bowls with etched crystals in them made the place even more elegant.

The couch and fireplace in the living room looked like it was out of a magazine and above it was the biggest flatscreen I have ever seen.

The decor was modern with a classic twist from the simple railings and the arching doorways to the columns.

It was a very pretty place.

"Do you like it?" he smiled at me and I bundled myself in my heavy winter coat and nodded. "Look out. I think you fall for it even more."

He cocked his head to the right where a huge pair of ornate windows stood. Curious, I went down and my eyes widened with awe as the house's position from one of the top allowed a wonderful view of the snow town which was nestled below.

" This...This is a beautiful Leone." I felt excited as I turned around and he was standing behind me, wearing a warm grin. "I cannot wait to explore the place."

"I knew you'd like it. There is an inn there that serves rustic French food and has some wine and cheese tasting sessions," he said as his hand reached out stroke my cold face. "We can also go sleigh riding and maybe snowmobiling?"