Chapter 49: The Truth about Laila - Part 2

Note:Decided to add more details since a few more stuff was added about Laila's back story with Kassim and Leone. So I split the chapters into 2 separate ones. Feel free to read backwards.

Sarina's POV:

"Are you sure you should be doing this?" K.C asked me while she prepares my black long sleeve dress as I fixed my hair and makeup.

Kassim's home was a beautiful mansion complete with gardens, statues and a few intricate dome-shaped pavilions. The servants all knew how to speak English and are very polite.

The female servant who showed us around gave us the most beautiful room in the East Wing. It was luxurious and the bed was bigger than me, there was even an intercom where I can order food and have it delivered to my room.

When K.C and I was putting my stuff into the closet room; I noticed that my clothes did not even take up the whole closet and there were 10 more cabinets and dressers available. Damn, this is just excessive.

"What he said at the car puzzles me. I just want to make sure of it." I finished putting my lipstick on and my friend helping me with my dressed and zipped me up. "Thanks girl."

"Sure, any time. But Sarina....no matter what, never let him kiss you." K.C warned me. "His real ability allows him to fully control a woman when he imprints upon them. Since you can resist his usual voice; I am sure he will find a way to steal a kiss."

"As if I would let him." I scoffed at that. " But why are you telling me this?"

She looked uncomfortable for a minute.

"B-because....just because it is how he uses his ability." she looked ready to be eaten by the floor now.

"D-Did you?" I tease her and her normally neutral face blushed like a tomato.

"No! Ugh, fucking God No!" she looked vehemently disgusted and mortified.

"He did not try anything with you did he?"

"Ugh, My immunity to the abilities of the Royals are high so I managed to break free in time before an unfortunate accident happened," she muttered fast but I understood it....a bit.

"I see...but what's wrong? He saw you at the reunion party and you were really pretty at that time."

"That is something I will tell you some other time now, let's go. The Prince hates women being late." she straightened her coat and we left the beautiful room after I was ready.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"I must say....you are acceptable I guess when you are all dolled up." Kassim said in an offhanded way as a few male servants served our first course which was soup and a cold salad the size of an espresso cup.

The table we were dining in was long, about 2 meters in length but right now. A small part of the right side was used for our dinner, making it seem intimate.

Surprisingly, he was a perfect gentleman all throughout the courses and I was able to enjoy the different local food served. One favorite, in particular, was the roasted kebab and hummus with a flatbread that was drizzled in olive oil.

As we were given dessert called pearl divers which were small squares of phyllo pastries with some sort of cream inside; he suddenly asked me a few questions.

I answered them as much as I could since I don't find any of it particularly offensive. It was about my job before I became a duchess and about my family ( I only mentioned Sey and Kiel but deftly avoided mentioning my other relatives though. ) and even odd questions like what food do I like or if I like or dislike animals.