Chapter 69: Rekindled Interest

Sarina's POV:

It was a weird few days after that incident with the bathtub.

When I felt Mr. Leonidas' arms around me, I felt so secure and calm...safe. It was odd because I am normally jumpy around men but it was different from him.

He just wrapped a huge towel around me and got rid of the big centipede that was slithering in the tub like it was nothing major.

He even helped me wash my hair and was an absolute gentleman as he helped me dress without stealing a lewd glance or cupping a feel at my breasts.

Such a big guy was very gentle to me.

It made me feel weird things and that was not good. I am trapped in France with nowhere to go and I am dependant on him now.

He told me that he contacted my cousin and I even got to talk to her on the phone. She said that she was supposed to be here a few days ago but she had a hard time securing an emergency leave since her classes have started at her university.

So she asked me to stay with Mr. Leonidas for a while since she knew him from way back. I trust my cousin but deep inside I wonder when did she even meet him?

He was pretty striking and tall so I would have noticed him if he had visited us in Manila when I was just a nurse.

Speaking of Mr. Leonidas.....

My face became a bit flustered as I prepared some pasta for him for tonight's dinner. Somehow the accident did not affect my memory of all the food I have mastered cooking so making something to eat for my savior was easy.

I cannot seem to place this feeling I have about him. He has been kind and patient with me during my stay here and even had an on-call nurse give a daily check-up on me and change the bandages on my back.

It made me think that something is just not adding up.....

Why is he doing this for a stranger? I am very sure that we have never even met aside from when I hurt myself and I was in that hospital room.

I must have been lost in my thoughts because a pair of strong arms suddenly went around my waist as I felt a familiar presence loom over me while I was done stirring the sauce for the pasta.

"That smells so good, Sarina."

"K-Kas?!" I turned around and felt another pair of smaller hands grab onto my waist.

"Auntie Riri!"

I smiled when I saw sweet Lilly again. She was just so pretty with her shiny black hair and sapphire blue eyes like a fine doll.

I met her yesterday when Kassim visited me to drop off some takeout, she took a liking to me and she did promise to visit me today.

"That is such a pretty bow on your head. Did Kas buy it for you?"

"Yeah! I love white so he bought it right away."

I patted the little girl and turned back to Kassim whose arm was still around my waist. Ever since I met him at the hospital where I first gained consciousness; he had been keeping me company when Mr. Leonid went to work.

He was a nice guy as well but...he is too affectionate when it comes to me.

"Kas. Lily is an impressionable child." I pinched his hands until he withdrew them "Behave."

Whenever I reprimand him sternly, his violet eyes seem to regard me warmly as he smiled and promised he would be careful.

"That pasta looks delicious though, can we invite ourselves in for dinner?" Kassim grinned at me when the door opened again and my heart skipped a beat when I saw Mr. Leonidas come into the kitchen clad in his business suit, his usual fluffy blonde hair slicked back showing more of his beautiful amber eyes.