Chapter 61: Sealed Letter

Sarina's POV:

I was checking my laptop for any emails from Luis regarding any changes in investments very early in the morning.

Also....I wanted to see the responses from several charities and organizations I have donated money to.

Ever since the king unfroze all Henry's assets. I have been left with a lot of funds and properties that are worth a lot of money and it could support me for about three lifetimes if I chose to laze around and not work.

Adding to that are the company shares I own in Illyria and other parts of the world; It is safe to say that I do not lack for money since Henry has been investing money and I was just maintaining it.

This is why ever since I got my full inheritance, I have been asking Luis to review a few charities and organizations that are in need of funding in secret.

I even did my research on the said places and now I am just checking in on them.

I read a few emails of thanks from the ones in charge and somehow it warms my heart that the money can make a change in the lives of others.

One of the organizations I was interested in is called "New Beginnings", a shelter for abused or abandoned kids who could not be adopted. This place helps them get through high school and even giving others opportunities to enter college through a paid scholarship. Their goals are to help young adults become independent and find jobs for them.

It sounded like a difficult yet rewarding process to do for an organization.

I took the time to reply to the emails and also replied to Luis' query on certain business matters.

Once I was done, I stretched my arms and turned to see Leone asleep on his stomach in bed.

I closed my laptop which was on the desk overlooking a huge window where it was still dark and the stark snowy landscape dominated my gaze.

It was a quiet night and I yawned as sleep beckoned me as I went back into the warm covers.

I stared at my lover's face and felt a rush of emotions for him as I stroked away a stray hair covering his forehead.

As if he knew I was back in bed, his arm went around me and I yelped when he hugged me, his face smooshed against my boobs like an infant.

His face was growing a stubble so it tickles as he nuzzled me. Blushing at his sleepy show of affection; I managed to settle down as I made myself comfortable and put my arms around his head.

"Sleep tight, my prince." I murmured before the steady beat of his heart lulled me back to sleep.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Several hours later at the Chateau's kitchen...

"Like this?" Leone flipped the pan awkwardly and the omelet did not budge.

"No no...add more force and a flick on the wrist." I went behind him and held his hand to show him how to do it by using his hand to demonstrate the pressure.

"Oh!" his surprised voice was excited when the omelet did flip to the other side without sticking. "I did it!"

I laughed as he placed his first slightly overdone omelet into the plate and did another one, this time the filling was cheese and mushroom. He flipped it perfectly this time and soon we ate our omelet, bacon and hash browns at the small terrace outside the dining area.