Chapter 52: Akhun

Sarina's POV:

Last night, I had K.C and Amir gather some info in the girl I saw in my dreams and accurately described her appearance down to the ruby trinket around her small wrist. To distract the Danati Prince from ever finding out my plans; I asked to be his partner for the last night of this party

It was then that I noticed a change in how Kassim treated me.

For the past few days, he has not hidden his intentions in trying to catch me off guard by outright seducing me; whether it be something simple as asking a question or even putting an arm around me as I am his partner for this party.

But since yesterday, I noticed that he has not made a move on me but he seems keen on watching my move and would not allow me to leave his side today.

His actions had not gone unnoticed by the people gathered there and some were already whispering about his relationship with me again.

As the first plates of the course was laid out by a line of servers. I ate and the food somehow tastes like cardboard because of the thoughts running in my mind.

"What are you planning?" Kassim's voice near my ear made me nearly choke on my soup.

"Wh-what?" I looked up and saw that his face was inches from mine.

"What do you...?" I looked at him and the suspicion was back in his eyes.

"That tomboy bodyguard of yours is always stuck to you and yet I don't see her guarding you anywhere. You don't think I am stupid enough to-" his tone stopped midway when he looked behind me and he gave me another dark stare before he resumed eating.

I looked back and saw with some shock that K.C was there, she was dressed in her black mirage agent suit and merely nodded at me. I wondered where Amir was but I made sure I did not give myself away as we continued finishing our dinner.

The rest of the party was a rather interesting presentation of the new partnership between the Royale Hotel and Enigma Culinary Kitchen, Xana's company.

Then I was by Kassim's side as he spoke with various people. My patience and poise was tested but even though my feet hurt and my smile was close to cracking; I stayed by his side, watching as he courteously mingled with several businessmen and I have to admit that when he is not being a douche; I have to admit he is a fair and charismatic businessman when his violet eyes are not lit up with distrust.

Seeing this side of him made me remember the girl who calls out for this "Akhun" person.

Somehow, my inner turmoil was interrupted when an older gentleman with a soft belly dressed in Danati robes and headdress step forth escorted by a lady dressed in a red and gold embroidered; she was veiled from nose to mouth but her kohled eyes were brimming with joy when it landed on Kassim.

"Greetings to you Uncle Ahmed. I am pleased you and your wife can make my party." the Danati Prince's voice was polite but I noticed a venomous trace within his voice.

"And to you as well, Kassim. Ah, this must your lovely guest; the Duchess from Illyria." Sheikh Ahmed looked at me as bowed, his gaze lingering on my breasts for a long time before grinning. "Allow me to present my third wife, Laila."

I felt his bicep stiffen beneath my hands as the lady in red bowed and took off her veil; Somehow, I could understand why Leone and Kassim was so attracted to her. Even though she looks to be just a few years older, she still maintained her beauty well; her fair skin held such glowing vitality and her features are delicate coupled with a soft rosebud shaped lips and bedroom eyes. Her figure was more slender than mine and I could not help from feel a hint of jealousy.