Chapter 37: A Stronger Bond

Leo's POV:

"She said she won't acknowledge her heritage....however she did give in to my request to visit father. But it was only because Sarina convinced her to come and give him a chance." I nursed a drink with Luis who has just recovered and is now out of the hospital.

"I can understand her hesitation. Her mother kept it a secret from her and her whole identity seems like a lie now, It would make sense that she is having doubts." the lawyer drank his beer smoothly.

We decided to move to another resort that was situated on one of the small islands with a few coves, lakes and beaches ideal for water activities. It somehow made Sey happy since she has been wanting to swim and snorkeling so I made it happen just to cheer her up.

Right now, I am under a bar hut watching a great view of the surrounding mountain opening up to a clean green blue lake where a few tourists went kayaking or boating.

"This pace is really beautiful. One of the best sights I have seen in Asia." Luis commented.

"I agree, The place is clean and the air smells really good. Food is actually delicious too." I nodded and checked  watch when I saw one of the bodyguards enter my line of vision.

It was the handsome woman agent, who was best friends with my girlfriend. I have vague memories of her guarding me a few times but it was strange seeing her again; I remembered her being more slender and quiet when she was assigned to me but she seems to be looking better and livelier too.

"Yes?" I nodded when she addressed me with a bow. 

"Your Highness, I just came to inform you that Lady Sey and Sarina are waiting for you both at the base of the lake. They express wanting to go on a boat ride." K.C spoke in a polite tone, way different from the warm friendly banter she exchanges with my lover.

"Very well. Lead the way." I finished my drink and saw that Luis seems  preoccupied with the view. " What is wrong with you lately. You seem a bit off ever since we came to this island."

"This place reminds me of her that is all." came his rather sad reply.

In that regard, I understood but did not ask him any further because I have heard the story before about his childhood friend as well as the tragic ending.

Just as we were walking down the stairs, we were stopped by a few girls who asked if we were busy and if we can have fun with them. Luis flat out refused them while I showed them my signet ring on my left ring finger, a certain ploy that made the girls apologize while backing off.

"I see that Ms. Sarina finally agreed to be your fiancee." Luis observed my ring. " I  suppose a congratulations is in order, Prince Leone. "

"Thanks Valentine, she gave it to me the night the results came. It made me so happy that she accepted my proposal and I am sure Cat would welcome the news as well." I remembered how nervous she looked when she handed me back my ring. Since I could not attack her outright, I just cuddled with her all night in my room since Sey locked herself in theirs.

As we got to the base of the hotel, I saw a few men crowding over two women. I felt a spark of nervousness from my lover through my connection her so I can guess who these pack of wolves were drooling at. I used my height and bulk to push pass a few disgruntled men and I  felt my heart stop the moment I reached her.

I thought nothing about her would surprise me anymore but I was wrong.

Sarina in a very stylish one piece bathing suit and a sari was very breath-taking. Sey helped pick all her bathing and I am thankful because I really do not like her in a bikini because her bare skin can be ogled by all the men but the one piece had a few designed slits on her back and cleavage, accentuating her curvy figure.