Chapter 68: Who am I?

Sarina's POV:

I was floating...

And then I felt my body submerge into the cold depths of the ocean. But I do not feel wet...

Why? And I can still breathe but I am falling further into the darkness...

Was this a dream? I feel like it was... But why?

Searing pain suddenly roped my body and the cooling waters soon turned to hellfire as I felt someone whipping me, the sharp bite of the lashings was enough to make me wish it would go away but the pain kept coming back even worse than ever.

My muscles tense and I covered myself as I kept flinching, tears streamed through my eyes as I cried out for help.

Then...I remembered nothing as I sank into the darkness.

But amidst my despair, I heard someone's voice...calling out to me.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

I woke up in an unfamiliar place, it looked like a hospital suite. A very extravagant one at that.

I pulled myself up and fell back as a harsh cry flew from my lips as the wounds on my back and arms hurt.

Awww! Wounds? Why do I have them again?

When I tried to remember, a blinding flash of pain made me scream and flail against the sheets until I stopped trying to recall it.

I heard the door open loudly and I saw two big men come in. One of them went to me while the other pressed the wall button and started yelling outside the door for a doctor to come.

Strong hands held me up, the care in his touch as he avoided my wounded back made me flinch as I looked up at him as I feel myself getting dizzy.

"Rina? Don't Move." A deep baritone made me stiffen as he touched my forehead. "You have a fever. Wait for the doctor, my love. He is in his way."

My love?

"Who are you? where am I? Awwch! It hurts...my back is burning..." Tears slipped from my eyes as I remembered trying to recall who I was but the explosive pain that went with trying to remember made me hesitate. "Who am I? I-I.."

Before I could panic, I felt him stroke my jaw as he hugged me. Somehow his scent made me calm down as I felt something inside of me recognize him as someone who won't hurt me.

It soothed me until the doctor came in and had the nurse inject something on my arm. I pricked a bit but soon I was drifting into a deep sleep once again.

This is frustrating...what is going on with me?

------------------------------------------------------------------------

According to the doctor who examined me, I have suffered dissociative amnesia. The added stress from my accidental car crash plus the back injuries I have suffered traumatized me enough that I had trouble recalling things I remembered.

However, it seems like I must have some sort of background in the medical field because it was still intact since I easily understood what my diagnosis was.