Chapter 47: Leaving again

Sarina's POV:

It was hard to part with Sey, who initially looked ready to go back to Manila the moment I told her that I will being going to Danati for a few weeks.

But when I told her about Kassim and the reason why I am going there; she looked trouble and was ready to blame herself once again but I convinced her to stay here with the promise that I would be back after 2 weeks and that we will go to Japan before her new semester at her new college starts. Just the two of us.

Unknown to Leone, I also have a secret reason to go to Danati.

It was my dream.

Yes, the dream that was bothering me has gotten worse. In my head, I could feel the young girl's pain and how she kept screaming one foreign word over and over.

Akhun.

In my last dream, I saw a dark shadow yelling at her before it slapped her hard; making her neck snap back and her lip to bleed.

She curled herself into a ball, quivering and sniffling as the shadow left cursing and the door slamming.

I had wanted to hold her, to reassure her but my hands just pass through her and the way she cried continuously tells me that she could not feel my presence.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"I guess I can hang out with Cat. She invited me to come to Paris for Spring-sition Fashion Week and to Italy for a Countess' birthday ball." Sey said as we went jogging at the subdivision's nearby park. "She was pretty bummed out that you could not go because of your impending trip."

That made me feel guilty but it cannot be helped.

"Okay, Well have fun. And be nice to Cat and do not do anything wild. Remember that you are in a foreign country so never explore without your assigned bodyguard or Cat okay?" I said as we stopped by a bench to rest up.

"Yes..yes Mom." Sey teased me as she wiped her sweaty forehead with a towel and stretched, showing off her curves.

I saw two guys check Sey out, their eyes zeroing in on her hips and butt. I blushed when one of them looked at my breasts which was rather revealing because the top Sey bought me was a bit snug at the bodice.

"While I am gone. You better make a list of the places you want to go in Japan. I heard from Leone that Kyoto has some nice places to visit and their Hot Spring Traditional Inns are a must-visit." I turned away from their gazes.

Sey noticed the sudden way I was behaving and saw the same guys still staring at us.

"Hey! Take a picture you pervert! It might last longer!" she yelled, causing a few people to stare at the men who embarrassingly jogged away in haste. " Jesus, even here there are still assholes."

"Miss, you dropped this." a male voice made us look to our right.

A young man with brown hair, green eyes, and a well-toned body was holding my towel. It must have fallen from my pocket while jogging.

"Thank you." I took it and he smiled politely before resuming his run.

"I take it back. That guy was not bad looking and he was a gentleman." Sey giggled as she suddenly heard my stomach rumble. "Hungry?"

"Yeah....I am famished." I nodded.

As we walked back to Leone's mansion along the walkway that was filled with tall trees planted by the side fences. I attempted to breach the subject of the king to her.