Chapter 36: Results

Leo's POV:

I guess convincing Sey to come to Illyria as not as easy as it seems.

For one thing, she seems set on not recognizing my efforts at being polite and accommodating. Whenever I visit their hotel room to see them; she always tries her best to not acknowledge me or when she is forced to, she replies in curt tones before turning away from me.

The only few times she speaks to me was when we went to the clinic for the DNA test and the few time she even deigns to talk to me was when she had questions about her power.

It has been a week now since I started teaching her how to control her Gift of Command,  at first her voice was very unstable and the slightest pitch change just heightens her anxiety making it difficult for her target (sadly we had to use either K.C or Shin for practice) to snap out of their trance should she choose to end her "commands" over them.

But somehow this week, she seems calmer and heeded all my points on her shortcomings. As a result; she directed an entranced Shin into jumping and barking like a dog upon her command but doing complicated commands was still out of the question.

During those days when we practiced in the hotel room, I kept my end of the promise to not touch my lover in front of Sey and it although Sarina seems worried for me; I just concentrated on earning my errant would-be sister's trust for now.

I can see the stubbornness of the Lyonels in her as she watched the interaction between me and her cousin with an alertness that both irritated and impressed me. I kept my end of the promise and would be the picture of a polite gentleman whenever Sarina and I are alone, she played along but I can see that she misses me, and damn it...so do I.

This continued for days and just when I was wondering if she would ever let her guard down, I noticed a slight thawing of her cold shoulder towards me.

Just slightly.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Hey what did you like about Sarina?"

The question caught me by surprise as she sat beside me one night while I was taking a rest by the balcony bench. Sarina was ordering room service from the cafe below for us because we were all famished from practicing.

"Are....you interrogating me?" I asked, still taken aback that she would try to initiate a conversation with me.

She gave me an intense look as she looked at me up and down but huffing and crossing her arms across her breasts while looking at clear sky and the ocean view.

"She is not your type at all."

Somehow that made me smile, I know she was not being offensive but I guess when I look at my previous paramours. Sarina was really far from the girl I thought to settle down with.

"She's a great cousin and a kind woman. She gave me a home when our family was all but ready to leave me to my fate when Mom died." her voice shook. " I have read all about your past escapades. An actress Carla . Top-model Nina. an heiress to a multi-million dollar company, Ms. Vanderstein. a female CEO named Felina and lastly the supermodel Keira, one of the most desirable woman in  the fashion world. They were all your previous lovers right? I can't understand how my sweet cousin who is nothing like them managed to attract your attention."

Each of those woman, who were all under "contract" despite their lofty and high positions, A shaft of shame went through me at the thought of my Sarina feeling insecure at my past lovers as Sey continued on harshly.