Chapter 40: The Brother In Law

Leo's POV:

Have you ever been caught by your lover's big brother as you were making out with his sister in the kitchen?

Imagine a burly guy with a fierce scowl as he tries to pull you off her and punch you black and blue while your lover tries to hold him back.

Well. That happened to me.

-------------------------------------

Two hours earlier...

"Leone, we need to talk." Sarina's voice was dead serious.

I was just done packing up my things for the flight in 3 days when she appeared in my room.

She was dressed in a soft wool longsleeve sweater that hugged her voluptous curves and a simple long sleeves and fluffy bunny slippers with a messy ponytail updo, her hand held a cordless telephone.

Cute.

"uh... Sorry. What was it you need love?" I asked her, my smile faded at how her brows were scrunched up and sparks were flying in her eyes.

"I found out that Sey and her friends are going on a 2 day trip to Korea, all expenses paid by you."

"Yes? My sister is a valedictorian; she deserve a trip before she graduates and goes back to Illyria. I have Luis and K. C with her so that she would be well taken care of."

"And as her Guardian, did you run it by me first? If I had not asked her yesterday while she was packing AGAIN after our island trip, I would have worried so much! Thanks to you I had no heart to say no because she had always wanted to visit Korea." she looked really angry, her pretty face a shade of red.

" I am sorry. I was just excited that she was finally showing some affection for me when I gave her the tickets. " I said softly.

" Humph. " She turned away and walked away.

" Hey, where are you going? "

"Down to the convenient store. We are out of toilet paper. " she said in clipped tones.

"Let me-"

She glared at me, daring me to refuse. I kept silent but I felt my pride being stung at her anger.

"Fine. Go." I went back to packing my things.

Thank God Sey left this morning, I would not want her to see us fighting. Not when she was beginning to let her guard down with me.

I was done by the time I heard the door open as I walked to the spacious living room in Sarina's condo.

This place is a good space outfitted with high ceilings, simple lighting, floor panels and the most simple geometric furnishings. Nothing too extravagant.

But I still noticed the coziness of the whole condo like a few cushions shaped to cat heads, her pet dog's basket and bowls, a colorful sets of flower pots in one corner and a few inexpensive but sturdy kitchen supplies...

Sarina told me that Sey did some interior decorating while she was in Illyria, the pride in her voice was like a mother....