Chapter 46: The Forgotten Agreement

Sarina's POV:

I was running through the dark, my breathing was shallow as sweat dripped upon my body until a slight chill made me realize that it was chilly.

I shivered and looked around, realizing that I was running through an open terrace garden surrounded by statues. The air smelled of incense and to my shock, I saw a desert town, the lights from the houses were like stars in the night.

I can see a few other things on the horizon but in this lighting; it was impossible to tell.

It seems like this place was a small mansion build on top of a mountain to provide a clear view of the town.

The land.... its structures and the smell of the air was different.

I'm not in Illyria anymore. So where am I now?

Suddenly, I felt my body being sucked into one of the mansion's room until I blinked and saw that I was inside a room covered in tapestries, soft carpets and low divan chairs.

A small voice made me float towards the bed which was a circular one draped in white thin veils...

It was.... a girl and she sounded miserable as she murmured in a different language as she kept her face covered from my sight. A slight glint of a silver bracelet with a ruby star accessory suddenly hit the moonlight.

And there was more than disturbed me. Her slim body was covered in bandages and one of her hand was bleeding.  The white bandage soaked in red....as she cried.

------------------------------------------------

I opened my eyes and wondered why was I dreaming of another place?

When I tried to move, Leone groaned and buried himself at the crook of my neck. His big arms were around my waist whilst I had a thigh thrown over his leg.

It would be impossible to get away without waking him up.

I looked around and it was still dark. A quick glance at the clock near the table shows that the time is still [4:00 AM]

My mind went back to the dream of the girl. What did it mean? I could not see her face so I could not make out her features.

Why did I dream of her? Is she from the past or from the present?

"Another puzzle huh?" I told myself as I looked at my lover.

This all started when I came here.

No.......

This started when I started dreaming of you.

I wonder if this borrowed gift will take me away from you someday.

I felt Leone move as he secured his hold on me and I felt his lips graze my pulse on my neck, making my heart skip a beat.

I forced myself to sleep again, hoping that I don't dream something disturbing again.

---------------------------------------------

It was sudden but I was summoned at the Royal Palace by request of the King. Leone decided to come with me as well; wondering what was the reason for.