0.8.3: One Dreamy Night

Minutes had already passed. It's still raining outside. Inside, it's warm especially with Seungcheol arm brushing against yours.

You're helping him shred the chicken for the chicken noodle soup while he tells you things other Carats probably don't know despite their stalking skills. They're the little things people don't see and care about but are also the things that make Seungcheol smile and laugh just like right now.

"But really. Sometimes I wonder if I would be happy or sad if Seokmin stops singing loudly everyday. I got used to it." He continued.
"If it was me, I would be sad. You know hearing you guys sing not just through speakers but personally is one of international fans' dreams."
"Really? Should I sing for you then?" He asked you smiling.

You feel he's comfortable with you, but you can't bring yourself to tell him things about you. It's still a little strange for you to be here talking to your bias casually. Things happened so fast. It's like just yesterday you got the letter from the tutorial center saying you're hired and you'll live in Seoul for a year. Now you're sitting beside the guy you watched through computer screens, phone screens and sometimes television screens grow up into this handsome man.

"Why are you doing this, oppa?" You suddenly asked him.
"What?"
"This. The being-with-me thing. The protect-me-from-my-stalker thing. This cooking-for-me thing. I don't know at all. I want to enjoy this because this is my dream, to meet you. But..."
"But what?" He said putting his hand on yours.
"I'm afraid this is just a dream. And I'll wake up any moment without you."

He suddenly pinched your cheeks making them so red. You cried out from pain. You had to cover your cheeks with your hands to ease the pain.

"Yah! Why did you do that?!" You shouted at him.
"Does it hurt?"
"What?! Ofcourse it hurts! It hurts so much I think my cheeks will fall off my face!" You said making him laugh.
"See? So now you know this isn't a dream." He simply said.

You stared at his smiling face. This really isn't just a dream. This is real. He's here with you to 'protect you' from Youngsoo, cooking for you. He looked back at you. And yes, this is real. That smile you saw in videos and photos is now right in front of you on the lips of Choi Seungcheol.

"May I sing now?" He said making you smile.

He started singing I'm yours. This time, he completed the song unlike what he did before. He sang it happily as he continued cooking while you watch him.

Now you realize you're not just a lucky Carat. You're really his favorite Carat.