3.8: Kicked Out

You woke up on your bed in your room in Areum's brother's house. You looked around a little bit confused. You don't remember going back here. The last thing you remember you did is ride the car again when you and Seungcheol decided to head back home. You quickly got up and went out of the room. Areum is sitting on the couch watching tv.

You tiptoed your way to the kitchen. You thought Areum didn't hear you, but just before you enter the kitchen, she called you.

"Had a great sleep? Woke up in a good mood?" She asked making you turn around to face her.
"O-oh! Unnie, I didn't know you're there." You told her walking towards her nervousness.
"Am I that unnoticeable?"
"Uh. Uhhh..."
"Don't you want to know how you got here?" She asked you without looking at you.
"N-ne."
"Your boyfriend Seungcheol came last night with you on his back. He said he came to bring you here home. So, when do you plan to tell me about him if that didn't happen last night?" She asked looking at you judgingly.
"Well..." You actually hadn't thought about telling her so you don't know what to say.
"Relax. I just need to tell you something."
"What is it?"
"You have only until tonight to find a new place and leave. If you can't tell me things like this, I can't let you stay. I don't know how many more secrets you keep from me." She said as she stood up.
"Mwo?! But, unnie!" You grabbed her arm.
"And stop calling me that or by my name. Just stop calling me. I don't want to talk to you anymore, liar." She said pulling her arm away before leaving the house.

You stared at the door thinking what to do. Areum is your first friend here. She's like a sister to you, but now, everything's over. But, it's all just because you didn't tell her about Seungcheol?!

You decided to go to work. Crying about it won't help. You need to find a new place. You spent your free time after all your tutorial sessions for the day searching. You felt so tired searching. You sat on a bench to rest.

You feel your tears coming, but you know you shouldn't cry. You want to call Seungcheol because you know talking to him will make you feel better. But, you know he's busy. Liking him for two years taught you to be selfless like him. You don't want to be a burden to him. You looked around and realized where you are. You quickly went to the alley you know and made your way to the rooftop.

"Yah! Pabo, bogoshipo!" You shouted when you reached the rooftop to release your stress.

You want to hug Seungcheol now, feel his warmth. Seventeen has always been your source of inspiration. Now that you're closer to them, you don't know why it's harder to cope with everything. You felt the tears flow, but it's okay. You're alone. No one will see you.

"I never knew an ugly trespasser can call the owner of the property an idiot." You heard someone so you immediately turned around.
"Why are you here?!"
"This is my rooftop. Forgot it? You? Why are you here?" Youngsoo said walking towards you.
"You said I can come here anytime."
"I did?"
"You did."
"Oh. Okay. Then, tell me now. Who made you cry? Do you miss me so much you went here to cry and call me pabo?" He asked you as he wiped your cheeks dry.
"Stupid. It's not you. It's not even because of someone. I just..." You paused thinking if you should tell him.

He may seem useless, but maybe he can help. You don't know how, but you feel like he'll be your fairy godmother this time.

"I need to find a new place to stay in or I'll be sleeping on the street tonight." You told him.
"Oh. So my ugly tutor got kicked out. You can sleep here. It's free." He said seriously before laughing.
"Yah! I'm serious here!"
"Sorry. Sorry. You're just so cute when you get annoyed. Ok. I think I know a place for you. Where's your things?" He said.
"Seriously?!"
"Ne. So, where?"
"In my friend's house."
"Let's get your things then. Gaja." He said pulling you with him.
"Mwo? Wait! Where is that place you're talking about?!" You asked him as you two left the rooftop.