1.5.2: That Night In Daegu

"So...uhhh...are you alright with this? Because if you're not, I can sleep in the living room..." Seungcheol asked you as you both fixed the sleeping mat on the floor in Seungmin's room.
"What? No. No. It's fine. You'll freeze to death if you sleep there. It's cold there." You told him avoiding his eyes.

Your heart is beating fast. It's still cold inside Seungmin's room, but you're sweating nervously. Tonight's gonna be a long night. Would you even be able to sleep?!

"I see. Shall we just put a pillow between us then?" He said and you accidentally looked at his eyes. You can't look away anymore.
"Uhhh. Yeah. I think so."

You let him put a pillow in the middle of the mat marking the division between your place and his. You lied down and covered yourself with a blanket to hide your blush. How did you even end up like this? Before, you were just a fan watching them wake up through a video. Now, you're going to sleep in a room with Seungcheol!

"Good night, Y/N-ah." Seungcheol said before turning off the light.

You heard him walk to his space and lie down on the mat. It's a quiet night and you're afraid he might hear your heartbeat. It's too fast! You tried to concentrate on falling asleep, but all you can think of is him because you hear his breathing. It's long and slow, but also like he's going to run out of breath any moment. Is he nervous too?

Soon, you calmed down after concentrating on his breathing instead. Maybe hours had already passed. Or maybe it's just minutes. You don't know. You can't think of anything but his breathing.

"Y/N-ah, are you still awake?" He suddenly said making you jerk a little.
"N-ne." You said. He sighed for some reason you don't know.
"I'll tell you something."
"What is it?"
"I'm nervous." He said.

You uncovered your head and looked at him. Through the moonlight, you see his face. He's staring at the ceiling. He suddenly looked at you.

"I'm happy I met you. When I realized I entered a fitting room with another fan, I thought I would die from you, but I realized you're different. You respect my privacy. So, I decided to let you into my life and I felt happier the day I saw you again in that bookstore. But right now, I'm nervous. I don't know what to do. Is this...because of you too?" He said almost whispering to himself.

You stared at him not knowing what you say or do. What does he mean? Is this a confession or what? He reached out for your hand and looked back at the ceiling.

"Can I hold your hand until I fall asleep?"
"What?"
"I don't think I'll be able to sleep if I don't touch you. So, can you at least let me hold your hand for now?" He asked, his voice shaky, nervous.
"O-ok."
"How do you do that, Y/N-ah?"
"What do I do?"
"Being too irresistibly lovable I can't escape."

You sat up to look at him clearly, but you realized he already fell asleep after saying that. What just happened? You're irresistibly lovable?! Woah!~ It's too much to handle! Just sleep, Y/N. Sleep with Seungcheol holding your hand. Yes, try to sleep. At least try.