4.4: Lies and More Lies

"What do you want?! This or this?!" Wonwoo asked you to choose between two different instant noodles.

You were staring at the bags of chips on the shelves. You lost in debate with yourself, a debate about whether it was really nothing or if you need to admit there was something. He nudges you with his elbow to catch your attention.

"Yah. I'm talking to you. Are you alright?"
"Huh? Yes. I'm sorry. I got spaced out."
"So, this or this? Cold noodles or not? Be Minghao or not?" He asked you.
"Either would do." You answered faking a smile.
"I'll buy both for you then." He said cheerfully.

You're in a convenience store you saw along the road. You still don't know where you're heading to or even at least where you are right now. You're too distracted. You just followed him to the cashier where he paid all the food and drinks and then out to one of the patio tables outside the store.

You watched him prepare everything for you. Liking anyone in Seventeen isn't hard. However, it becomes hard when you learn to like more than one of them. You sighed thinking how stupid you are for thinking this way. Seungcheol doesn't deserve someone like you who immediately questions her loyalty just because Wonwoo became nice to her.

"Y/N-ah, are you really okay?!" He said making you realize he's looking back at you already.
"Yes. Ofcourse. Let's eat! I'm hungry." You said quickly taking your chopsticks on the table.

Your phone started ringing making you almost fall off the chair. You don't know why you're so shocked by it.

"Hello." You said answering your boyfriend's call.
"Nae sarang, where are you?" He asked making you smile.

When you heard his voice again even just through this phone call, you knew your confusion about your own loyalty disappeared like a bubble. POP! And, it's gone. You looked around looking for an address on the signs around, but you're in the middle of a row of stores which is in the middle of the road that travels through this quiet rice field. No addresses.

"I'm at home." You answered hoping for the best. You feel Wonwoo's stare.
It took him a while to respond. "I see. Do you want to eat dinner together? Vocal U. is going to be in a radio show tonight, but the rest of us can rest."
"Dinner? I've eaten. I ate a lot at Hana's. His brother is a good chef." Lies. Lies. Lies. "Just eat with the boys. Spend more time with them."
"I was thinking about the same thing, but Wonwoo isn't around." He said making you look at Wonwoo. He's blankly staring at you.
"Oh. Where is he?"
"Enjoying his free time. With a friend. He said so earlier."

Why did you lie?! You should have just told him you don't know where you are, that Hana has no siblings, that you haven't eaten but is about to and that you're with Wonwoo. You closed your eyes.

"Y/N-ah, I want you to enjoy your free time too, like Wonwoo, like us here. But, I hope I was there too, so I can be part of it." He said.
"You are always a part of everything I do and eveeything I am."
"I know. I know. Just reassuring myself. Bye, nae sarang. I need to go now. Take care and sleep early, ok? I love you."
"I love you too, pabo."
"I know. Remember to buckle up for safety, my pabo." He said before ending the call.

You almost dropped your phone thinking about what he just said. Remember to buckle up for safety. He knows you're not going to ride the bus home, but still, is travelling. He knows you're not at home.

•▪●■♡■●▪•

Prepare for special chapters!!! This is going to get bloody crazy. Buckle up for safety!!! It's gonna be a rollercoaster ride!