Almost

*IN THE MEDIA IS THE OPI NAIL POLISH COLOR MENTIONED IN THIS CHAPTER CALLED "A GREAT OPERA-TUNITY"* 

Almost

Laurel's POV

Yes, no? Maybe? Hell, this is all so confusing.

Standing on side of my bed staring down at the three outfits I picked out to wear to work tomorrow, I'm trying to figure out what outfit says 'professional yet sexy on a first day at a new firm'. I have a burgundy cashmere dress with black pumps for option 1, a black pantsuit for option 2, and a black knee length skirt with a pale pink mid-forearm sleeve button up as option 3.

Where the hell is Melony when you need her?

"Speak of the devil." I say, clicking the accept button on my now ringing cellphone. "I was just thinking about you."

"I know. I felt like you needed me." Melony says through the phone.

"I do," I sigh pathetically. "I have a fashion dilemma."

"Talk to me."

"Okay, so I had this interview today at Morrison & Kingston Law Firm. Of course I got it." I brag. "I officially start tomorrow and I can't figure out which outfit to wear."

"Alright, tell me what choices you have."

I put the phone on speaker and toss it onto the bed as I start to explain to her what I have laid out on the bed.

"I think you should go with the skirt and the button up." Melony advises.

"Thanks, because I was drowning in indecision." I say, throwing the rejected clothes on my bean bag chair.

"No problem babe." Mel says, making a low thudding sound on the other end of the line.

I take the skirt and blouse and lay them at the end of the bed.

"So tell me, what have you been up to since you made it back home." Mel prompts.

"I saw Jenny yesterday." I say, laying down on my bed. "The one we ran into on our roadtrip last summer."

"Oh, how is she?"

I spend a couple of minutes catching her up on the business with Jenny. But what's really on my mind to talk about I know she won't want to hear. Oh well.

"Guess who else I saw." I say.

"Who?"

"Liv."

There's dead silence on the other end of the phone.

"Mel?" I call to her.

"I'm still here." she mumbles.

"Did you hear what I said?"

"I heard." she says indifferently.

"And?" I prompt.

"And I don't care." Mel retorts.

"Why are you so bitter towards her? From what I heard both of you were in the wrong at one point or another."

"What did she tell you?" Mel demands.

"A shorter less detailed version of what you said."

"It better be." Melony grumbles.

I can just imagine her rolling her eyes.

"Chill." I chuckle.

"Let's talk about something else please." Mel sighs.