May The Best Team Win!

Friday Night

2 Days Before The Wedding

May The Best Team Win!

Laurel's POV

We all settle down around the counter in the kitchen as Janet opens a bottle of red wine called Gamay. All the girls are here except for Julia and Grace. We've been trying to get away from them all day to talk about their bachelorette party but those two are harder to shake than mono!

"Alright everyone," Liv says loudly, trying to get everyone's attention.

Everyone quiets down and gives her their undivided attention.

"Let our secret meeting begin." she smiles. "The bachelorette party is tomorrow night but the bachelorette celebration is tomorrow morning so what's popping with the progress?"

"Well," I say, taking a sip of my Gamay. "I got us a 2-hour pole dancing class at Pole Cat's Dance studio for 8 am. The woman on the phone said to wear something you can move in."

"Good." Liv nods. "Mel, what's up with these shirts we're supposed to be wearing tomorrow?"

We all look at Mel who just so happens to be sitting on Liv's lap. There weren't enough chairs for everyone so I guess Mel found another seat. No one acknowledged the fact that the two were lapped up. Either they knew Mel and Liv's history or they just didn't care. Mel and Liv's affection towards one another has been on and off for the past couple of days.

"I have the shirts. They got here this morning." Mel answers. "The shirts are predominantly white with black spiral decorations. On the back in gold letters it says 'The Bridal Party' and on the front, it says everyone's individual tag name."

"Julia and Grace's say 'The Bridal Party' on the back too?" Faith asks.

She's gotten a lot more vocal these last couple of days too.

"No, theirs say 'The Bachelorette' on them." Mel clarifies.

"When are we getting the shirts?" Steph asks from on my lap as well.

"Tomorrow when we come back from pole dancing class."

We all soak up this information and Liv moves on to the next thing on our agenda.

"We're still on for our mani-pedis tomorrow, right?" She double-checks.

"Yes," Hope confirms. "I overheard Grace making our appointments over the phone yesterday."

"Cool," Liv says after swallowing a gulp of red wine. "Steph, where are we on the scavenger hunt lists?"

"They're ready." Steph traces the rim of her wine glass with her fingertip. "But I don't want anyone to be able to cheat so they're staying in their envelopes until the moment of."

"Alright. I can't wait to see what this list ha on it." Liv grins.

"You and me both." Steph chuckles.

"Babe, you haven't seen it yet?" I question, looking up at her.

"No." Steph shakes her head. "I used a generator. They gave me a list of 150 activities. I picked 50 and from those 50 they drew 15 so I have no idea what they say."

"This is going to be interesting." Em comments, pouring herself some more wine.

"Well, I took the liberty of booking us a lunch reservation at The Oxford Kitchen Restaurant & Bar. They'll hold our reservation from 1 to 4. Do you think we'll be one with the hunt by then." Liv asks Steph.