Police Reports

*PLEASE READ ALL OF THE AUTHORS NOTE BELOW THE UPDATE! I KNOW ITS LONG! SORRY! 😋

Police Reports

Laurel's POV

"I kissed her!" I shout panickingly into my phone.

"Wait, you what?" A tired Melony grumbles in response.

"I-KISSED-HER!" I enunciate.

"Who?"

"Steph! Who else?!" I demand, pacing in front of my bed nervously.

"You kissed her? Like you initiated it?"

I open my mouth to shout back an answer when I realize, I didn't kiss her first.

"No." I mumble in confused shock.

"No? What do you mean no?"

"I didn't initiate it. She did." I say, coming to my senses.

"Oh shit. She kissed you?!" Mel exclaims.

"Yeah." I say, trying to put together the billion of fractured thoughts in head.

"Are we talking about the same person here? Steph as in Stephanie. As in your stepmother?"

"YES!"

"Okay...okay. Wow, I can't believe she kissed you." Mel babbles.

"Well thanks Mel for making me feel like the most unattractive person on the planet." I frown.

"No, that's not what I meant. I was just trying to figure out why she would do that."

The same thought is stinging my brain like a persistently pesky wasp.

"Stop biting your nails."

"Huh?" I snap back into reality.

"I know you're chewing your nails down to the nubs right now, so stop."

Looking down I notice that I am biting my nails and I pull my hand away from my mouth and fold it across my chest.

"So what do I do?" I beg, flopping down on to the bed.

"First, where's Steph?" Mel asks.

"In her room I think. She locked herself in there after we kissed."

"So she's not yelling at you or trying to kick you out or anything?"

"No." I sigh. "Not yet anyway."

"So just wait."

"Wait for what?" I demand restlessly.

"To see how she reacts."

"She did react! She ran away!"

"What did you expect for her to do? She had just got done tongue bathing her stepdaughter."

"Don't say it like that." I grimace.

"Like what?" Mel chuckles.

"Don't make it seem like it was an act of pure lust. I do care about her, you know."

"I know that. But you don't know how she feels about you in that way. You don't know what it meant to her."

"What does that mean?" I inquire.

"It just means you don't know what she was thinking, before or after the kiss. And unless you go to her room and ask her, which I don't recommend you do, you'll have to wait until in the morning. So just go to sleep and tomorrow talk to her about it." Mel instructs me.