MISSING

August 13th- 7 a.m.

8 Hours Until The Wedding

MISSING

Laurel's POV

The feeling of bright lights against my sore eyelids is extremely painful. I squeeze my eyes shut harder but the hellious light seeps through the thin skin of my eyelids, reaching my very sensitive pupils. Who turned the damn light on?

Annoyed, I feel whatever softness I'm laying on being jolted and moved underneath me. Trying to fight the inevitable, I roll onto my side, colliding with something. It's hard yet surprisingly soft in a way. Sleepily, my hand wanders over the perplexing object; with my eyes still closed I conclude that I rolled into a body. A woman's body.

"Take me out to dinner first, babe." A voice says.

It's close enough for me to assume that its the voice of the person whose body I was just groping. If I was awake enough, I know I'd be blushing.

After a minute, I lift my head up and peek around at my surroundings. The open balcony doors, fancy curtains, giant flat screen, and dresser tell me I must be in one of the bedrooms of the suite Janet booked for the party last night. I look to my left and see navy green lingerie on the body of the women I just groped and immediately know it's Janet. A few inches from my feet at the end of the bed, Em is laying on her back, yawning and stretching the sleep from her muscles. Standing right above her, behind the footboard is Mrs. V with a very amused but impatient expression on her face.

"Come on girls, get up. We have a lot of things that need to be done." she says, pressing up and down on the corner of the mattress, shaking the whole bed.

That was that damn jolting feeling from earlier, I think as I fall back onto the bed, snuggling up closer to Janet's chest. She shifts so we're both comfortable and lays her cheek on top of my head.

"Janet Estelle Prior. Be a leader and get out of the bed." Her mother says loudly in the otherwise quiet room, making my head spin.

"I'm an adult and she still feels the need to randomly call out my entire name," Janet mumbles tiredly. "Only my mother."

"Where's Julia and Mel?" I hear Em ask.

"In the other bedroom. I woke them up on the way back here to wake you." Mrs. V replies, "You all have some clothes on the dresser that I brought from the house. Get dressed and hurry and meet me in the kitchen area."

I hear footsteps get fainter until I can't hear them anymore. Nobody moves until I pull myself up into a sitting position, bringing my knees up to my chest. A groan passes my lips as another sharp pain rushes through my head.

I take a second look at the scene before me and notice that all 3 of us are still laid out in our lingerie from last night. I squint my eyes and try to remember how I ended up in this bed, coming up blank. The last thing I remember is leaving Grace's suite after the kiss. Everything after is a blur which means I started drinking...heavily. I shake my head at myself and immediately regret it.

I take my head into my hands as Janet rolls out of the bed and goes over to grab the stack of clothes off the dresser, tossing a stack to me then to Emily.

"If we're not dressed and in the kitchen in ten minutes she'll be back." Janet tells us.

This gets Em and I both out of the bed and into the clothes, which is only a pair of sweats and a hoodie for each of us.

I lead the way out the bedroom and into the kitchen. My heart drops to my feet with guilt when I catch sight of Julia at the island with Mrs. V and Mel. I really didn't think I'd feel this guilty.