What Does This Mean For Us?

Friday

9 Days Until The Wedding

What Does This Mean For Us?

Laurel's POV

"Uh uh," I playfully pop Julia's hand as she reaches over to take my breakfast sausage off my plate.

"You don't even eat that!" Julia whines.

"You don't know." I challenge. "Maybe I do."

"I doubt it." she frowns before beginning to pout.

I look at her sad face and reluctantly give in.

"Fine. Take it."

A smile quickly replacing the frown as she takes the sausage off my plate and bites into it. I laugh at her sometimes child-like demeanor. It's refreshing to see through, it means she's happy. Everyone at the table seems happy today. It's not doubt the happiest I've seen all of us since I got here. Even Hope cracked a smile earlier.

"Thanks. You're the best." Julia moans as she finishes the small piece of sausage.

"That's what she said." I tease, winking.

She just chuckles and reaches for her glass of orange juice.

As the end of breakfast nears us, Julia wipes her mouth and calls for everyone's attention, interrupting the joyful chatter at the table.

"Everyone, it's officially 9 days until the big event." she smiles. "So, I want to make sure everything is moving accordingly to schedule. We need to have a meeting this afternoon. What time is good for everyone?"

"What about 2?" Jacob, Grace's brother, suggests.

"We can't. Steph and I have a meeting with a possible alcohol distributor at 1:45." Janet says.

"2:30?" Grace asks.

"I'm going by a few wedding photographer's studios to see their work at 2:30," Emily speaks up.

"3:30?" Grace tries again.

"Let's just make it 4:30 because I have a quick errand to run at 3," Julia says.

"Is 4:30 good for everyone?" Grace checks.

No one objects.

"4:30 it is," Grace announces. "See everyone then."

Grace motions for Julia to stand up.

"Where are you two off to?" Liv asks.

"To get the marriage license," Julia tells us as she and Grace meet at the end of the table. "See you guys later."

Everyone waves them off and I sit back and think about what the hell I'm about to do with myself until 4:30.

*~*

Third Person POV

The cool air blows through the events of Liv's rental car as she and Mel drove down the house's long driveway in route to the Macdonald Randolph Hotel.

Over the last couple of days, the exes had grown more and more comfortable around each other and the constant bickering had ceased. They had been laughing and teasing each other. This didn't surprise Liv. She knew once Mel got over her anger things would flow just fine. Mel, on the other hand, was still very cautious about the whole thing. Liv had betrayed her all those years ago and Mel had left her because of it. Now it was like none of it had ever happened.