Back To Reality

Back To Reality

Laurel’s POV

“Rise and shine, my love.” 

    My eyes open slowly, only to be blinded by the bright lights of my chandelier. 

“It’s time for you to get up for work.” 

    Stretching, I turn to my right a little and I come face-to-fae with Steph. She’s all smiles and she looks like she’s been up for awhile. 

“Why are you so happy, this early?” I yawn. 

“Because I get to wake up to the most beautiful person in the world.” she answers, running her fingertips along the length of my cheekbone. 

    Smiiling, I kiss her on the tip of her nose, before rolling to the edge of the bed. 

“What do ou have planned for today?” I call to her as I walk into my bathroom. 

    Steph and I spent the whole weekend together. With Eden away at our grandparents’ house, we had the whole house to ourselves. We didn’t do much, just sat around the house and watched TV. We went out for coffee Sunday morning, but these last two days we’ve really just been spending some much needed time together.

    But now it’s Monday and its back to reality. 

“Um, I was thinking I should go shopping to find a dress to wear to the wedding. What are their colors?” she replies. 

“I think the colors are Grecian, Teaberry, Raspberry amd Classic Gray. You can look on my phone to see the color scheme. Mel sent it to me.” 

    She doesn’t answer so I assume she’s looking for the pallete on my phone. Pulling my hair into a slopppy bun, I move to turn on the shower and I hear her say: 

“Um, this is really pretty. The wedding’s doing to be beautiful.” 

“You think so?” I say, taking off my pajamas. 

“Yeah, what color do you think I should get my dress?” she asks, walking in th bathroom just as I’m stepping into the shower. 

“I don’t know love. Any color you pick will look beautiful on you.” I say, turning around in the shower to make sure my whole body is wet. 

    I can imagine the smile I know that she has on her face. I’ve been seeing it all weekend an d I just about have it memorized. The way the skin crinkles around her eyes, and how that one dimple in her left cheek appears...the smile of an angel nonetheless. 

“Babe, I’m going to go hop in the shower and get dressed. I’ll meet you in the kitchen.” Steph says, pulling me back into focus. 

“Ok!” I shout over the pounding sounds of the water beating against the walls of the shower room as I lather up the soap on my body with the loofa sponge. 

    A few minutes later, I step out of the shower, wrapping a plush white bath towel around my body. 

    Walking into my closet, I pull a navy blue pantsuit from the hanger long with a pearl white colored blouse and black stilletos. 

    After getting dressed, I spray myself with my new Victoria Secret perfume and fix my hair into a sloppy but sophisticated bun at the top of my head. 

    After checking my reflection in the mirror, I grab my phone and head towards the living room, turning off the lights as I go. Walking into the kitchen, I see Steph at the counter pouring coffee into my gold and white customized coffee mug with my initials on the front.