My Forbidden Apple

***Song Played Later In The Chapter In The Media!*** 

August 12th

The Night Before The Wedding

My Forbidden Apple

Laurel's POV

It was 8 o'clock when I clicked my phone on to see the time. I'd been sitting at the bridal party's table with Mel for at least 45 minutes, secretly pitying myself. I've been nursing the same champagne fluke for so long that the champagne inside isn't even chilled anymore but room temperature. And to top it all off, I haven't talked to Steph since our little incident on the dance floor earlier.

"Alright, ladies and gentlemen. The last dance of the evening is upon us. So grab that special someone and bring them to the dance floor." the announcer said enthusiastically.

I don't even think about getting up or wasting my energy turning around to see all the people migrate to the dance floor. Though apparently my attitude isn't shared because Jacob approached our table with an irritatingly cheery disposition.

"Do you mind if I steal her away for a dance?" He asked me with a charming grin, talking about Mel.

"Do you care if I leave for a few minutes?" Mel looked at me, genuinely seeking my approval.

"No, of course, I don't." I force a smile. "Go ahead."

"Ok. I'll be right back," Mel bowed as Jacob towed her away,

I sighed and took a sip from my water glass before setting it back on the placemat. I could slowly feel myself becoming impatient. All I wanted was for the dinner to be over so I could have time to let my emotions flow for a while before the bachelorette party.

"Hey, you." Liv touched my shoulder. "I'm not gonna let you sit out the last dance of the evening. Come on."

She pulled me out of my seat before I could object and nudged me towards the dance floor. A small smile appeared on my lips as Liv's hand moved around my waist and we swayed to the beautiful melodies of the slow song I didn't recognize.

"So, how was your night?" Liv asked as we danced.

"Ok." I shrugged, "Yours?"

"Good," she replied, sounding genuinely surprised like she expected her night to be completely shitty. "Got to see people I haven't seen in ages but I can't wait to get out of here and get this bachelorette party on a roll."

"You and me both."

Liv didn't say anything back and I didn't attempt to strike up a conversation again. We were that comfortable around one another. Instead, we just danced until the song ended, When the last note of the song finished lingering in the air, I was about to thank my friend for the dance but was interrupted when the sound of a familiar voice gasped, catching my attention. I knew immediately it was Mel and began to scan the hall in search of her.

My eyes found her almost instantly. Kneeled in front of the hotheaded blonde was Jacob with an open ring box in his hand. Inside was a ring with a diamond so intricate looking, I knew for sure I couldn't see all the details from where I stood.

As the shock wore off, panic set in and I could feel Liv's racing heartbeat through my hand on her shoulder.

"Babe," Jacob started with a deep breath, "I know we haven't known each other for very long, but it feels like I've known you forever. I've known you were the one since our very first date. I love everything about you and I can't imagine waking up every day without you by my side. And you're a pretty good catch, so I think it's about time I put a ring on it."