How We Met

**Since all I listened to while I was writing this chapter was Fifth Harmony's new album, I'm posting my favorite song on the album right now (my favorite song on the album will change from day to day) in the media! :) I'm just so in love with this song and this video! :) 

Saturday Afternoon

8 Days Until Wedding

How We Met

Laurel's POV

I crumble up the foil my cheeseburger came in and toss it towards my bag that's at the end of my towel near my feet. The ball of foil makes it into the bag and I smile in satisfaction as I pick my phone up off the sand. It's 3:00 and we're all still lounged out under the sun at the beach.

Liv came with our food about 30 minutes ago and we devoured everything she brought back. Who knew we could all eat so much? I look around at the group and see that, like me, most everyone is finishing up their food and disposing of the trash their own individual ways.

"Hey, you guys know what we should do?" Janet says, taking a sip of her Mountain Dew.

We all stop our own personal conversation to look at her.

"Since we have so many couples here, I think it would be entertaining to hear the stories of how we all met."

"But you and Liv aren't even a real couple."

"We can still tell how we met, Emily." Janet glares.

"It wouldn't be the same thing though," Em replies.

"Oh shut up." Janet rolls her eyes. "I'll make it work. Wait and see."

Em chuckles and turns her attention back to Joseph.

"I think Mel and Jacob should go first." Janet delegates.

"Why us?" Mel looks up in surprise from on Jacob's lap.

"Okay." Mel concedes. "The night Jacob and I met, I was on a caffeine run to the cafe just down the street from my dorm. I was so stressed that night I wasn't even thinking straight. Instead of setting my textbooks and stuff down at a table before going up to the counter to order, I took it all with me." Mel laughs at herself. "I got my usual drink with a couple of extra shots of espresso so I could stay up and study a few more hours. When they gave me my coffee, I realize just how complicated it was going to be to carry 2 textbooks, a laptop, a notebook, my phone, my purse, and a steaming cup of caramel cappuccino across the cafe to my table. I was so busy juggling all this stuff that I didn't realize there was someone walking in my path of direction until my coffee fell out of my hand and onto his shirt." Mel blushes.

"I'm telling you, that coffee burned like hell through those scrubs." Jacob jumps in. "At first I was a little irritated about having piping hot coffee spilled all over me. I had just got off work from a 20+ hour shift and my patience was damn near gone until I looked up and saw her." Jacob says, smiling down at Mel. "She had on these black and pink workout pants, a black sports bra and a black and pink jacket that matched her pants. Her hair was up in a bun and she didn't have on a lick of makeup. She was undoubtedly the most beautiful girl I'd ever seen. Her beauty was so natural it was alluring. In that moment, I completely forgot about being sleep deprived and the blisters that had begun to form on my chest. I just wanted to talk to her, though she wasn't paying me any attention. She was on the ground trying to get her stuff together that she'd dropped. I bent down to help her but-"