Be Realistic

Be Realistic

Third Person POV

The sun was beaming down on everyone as they stood outside the Piette mansion. After the reception, everyone but Julia and Grace had returned back to the house and called it an evening. The day had totally exhausted everyone. But the night had flown by and now it was time to head back to the States. And though the trip was great, the girls were elated to be going back home. Laurel, Steph, Liv, and Mel stood next to Mae and James as they waited for their car to be pulled from around back. Laurel and Steph were flying back to Texas but Liv and Mel were flying back to New York together. They both decided they really wanted to work on their relationship and so Mel would be spending her remaining days before school started with Liv in her apartment in Manhattan. Mel told Laurel of this plan as they stood waiting.

"What about work?" Laurel inquired, shielding her eyes from the harsh rays of the sun.

"I'll just drive the distance. It's only 30 minutes." Mel shrugged. "And I'll just come back to New York for good once school starts and we'll just see where things go from there."

"Sounds like a good plan," Laurel smiled happily for her best friend.

"I know. I'm excited." Mel lowered her voice as she leaned in closer to Laurel. "What are you guys doing?" Mel continued curiously.

"Uh, just headed home for the time being. In a few days we'll be in Florida picking up Eden from Steph's parent's house."

"As a couple?" Mel raised her eyebrow curiously.

"I don't know about that yet." Laurel bit her lower lip. "We'll cross that bridge when we get to it, I guess."

"Hmm," Mel hummed, thinking about how grateful she was that the complications of her relationship had been because of her own personal faults, not because of the pressures of society.

Laurel just shrugged, attempting not to let the idea of having to hide how she felt for Steph get to her again.

At that moment, a much needed distraction came into her line of view. Janet, Veronica and Edward walked out of the side door of the mansion, coming to join the group.

"Morning guys," Janet greeted everyone as she came to a stand still next to her mother and father.

"Good morning", everyone chorused back.

"Hey, I know this is probably none of my business," Mel started, "But how exactly are you flying back home with no bags?"

The Priors chuckled.

"I don't know about my parents, but I'm not going home yet. A new business endeavor came up while I was here. I'm going to stay in England a little while longer to see where that leads." Janet explained, squinting her eyes a little because of the sun.

"V and I will be going back in a few days." Edward told everyone. "Now that she's not micromanaging a wedding, she wants to spend some more of my money shopping."

"Oh, be quiet." Veronica rolled her eyes playfully at her husband money comment.

Everyone laughed just as the Black SUV that was taking them to the airport pulled out from behind the mansion.

"I guess this is bye, for now." Janet said, looking at the big vehicle.

She started down the line of people, hugging them and wishing them a safe trip back home. Coming to Steph, she paused, lingering in their hug.

"Hey, we should get together sometimes for a girls day or something," Janet suggested. "You're not half bad, kid."

"I'll think about it." Steph rolled her eyes as she gave Janet another squeeze.