Hell Hath No Fury Like A Woman Scorned

***This chapter contains content that may be inappropriate or triggering for some reader! Proceed with caution!***

Hell Hath No Fury Like A Woman Scorned

Laurel's POV

~FRIDAY~

Send my love to your new lover. Treat her better. We gotta let go of all of our ghosts. We both know we ain't kids no more. Send my love to your new lover. Treat her better...

I listen to the chorus of my new favorite song ring from my phone telling me it's time to get up. SItting up on my elbows, all the events of yesterday flash through my mind like a Flipagram, and my head immediately starts to ache at the temples.

Rolling out of bed, I try and lose myself in the music playing as I try and lose myself in the music as I get dressed for work. The office has this business casual thing going on on Fridays so I decide to wear black skinny jeans, a dusty rose mid-sleeve button-up with the same shade heels and my necklace with a small gold, diamond embedded "L" as the charm.

As I finish my morning routine, I grab all of my things and head to the front of the house. I sigh heavily as I set my stuff down on the counter in desperate need for some fruit to eat before work. Inside the fridge, I find a nectarine and some green grapes in the drawer and I pull them out. Closing the doors of the fridge, I turn in the direction of the kitchen knives and I nearly drop the fruit in my hands to the ground in shock.

"Hey." I gasp.

"Hey." Steph mumbles, glancing up at me and back into her coffee mug.

"You startled me. I didn't see you there."

"Hmm," she murmurs nonchalantly.

Why is she acting like this? Then I remember the look she gave me last night as she was leaving my room. I had been so irritable which could have translated into being mean. I know I hurt her last night which is the last thing I had ever wanted to do but somehow I managed to do it anyway.

I'll make it up to her tonight after work. I vow to myself.

"Well, I'm off to work. Can we talk later?" I ask as I chop up the nectarine into smaller pieces so I can eat it on the drive to work.

"Sure." Strong answers dryly, getting up from the bar stool to set her empty mug in the sink.

I put my cut up nectarines and grapes into a bowl and move to put the dirty knife in the sink, softly brushing against Steph's arm.

"Bye." I whisper, kissing her lightly on the cheek.

She subconsciously leans into me before she realizes what she's doing and she moves away. I smile, knowing I still have her. In her mind she might be upset with me, disappointed or whatever it may be but I'm still in her heart. Or else her body wouldn't have reacted the way it did.

"Bye." Steph clears her throat, leaving out of the kitchen.

Smirking, I grab my stuff and start for my car.

The cool summer breeze blows through the windows of my car on the way to Starbucks then to the coffee. I park my car in its usual spot and get out, straightening my shirt over my jeans.

On the way to the elevator, I try and prepare myself for the conversation I know I'm about to have with April pretty soon. The elevator doors fly open to an empty lobby.