Feuds of Love

Feuds of Love

Melony's POV

Trouble. That's the only thing that's going to come out of these fw weeks in Oxford. I knew this was a mistake to come here. It would only result in heartache one way or another.

I shake my head in frustration and follow our group into a dressing area to see Grace try on her dress.

"Ok." Grace clasps her hands together. "I have a problem."

"What is it?" Hope asks.

"I simply can not pick a dress." Grace answers, turning to face us with her hands on her hips in front of the dress presenting pedestal.

"What do you mean?" Faith inquires as we all take our seats a few feet from the pedestal.

"I have had three dresses custom made, all from different countries, all different designers but they are all so absolutely gorgeous that I can not chose."

"Wow Grace." Hope rolls her eyes. "Such a dilemma."

"Hope, if you are not here to help you are welcome to leave." Grace snarls.

"I think I will take you up on that." Hope smirks, grabbing her purse and rising from her seat.

I look around to see if anyone has plans to stop her. Faith looks upset, Grace looks defiant, and Olivia just looks damn confused. But no one is making any moves to settle this petty dispute.

"Hey, Hope wait." I call out.

Her long dark hair swings through the air as she turns around to look at me.

"Don't leave. Grace didn't mean that." I say.

"Oh no, I di-"

I glare at her, stopping her mid-word.

"She didn't, so just sit back down so we can figure this dress thing out." I reason.

Hope sighs and walks back over to us, sitting the farthest from the presenting pedestal as possible.

"Ok problem solver, what do you suggest we do?" Olivia speaks up, smiling at me.

I roll my eyes and focus my attention on Grace.

"So, if you love these 3 dresses so much why don't you just wear them all." I suggest.

"How do you propose I do that?" Grace asks.

"Well don't rich people do like multiple clothing changes for big important events or whatnot?" I shrug.

"Rich people." Grace frowns.

"I was just trying to make a point as quick as possible Grace, jeez. Don't get all offended on me." I laugh shortly. "All I was suggesting was that you change your dress at each interval of the weekend so you could put all three dresses to use."

"That actually is not a bad idea sissy." Faith says, rubbing her hands together nervously.

"I guess it is not." Grace sighs. "Since you had this grand idea, how will it work...the dress changing."

"You can wear to the rehearsal dinner, one to the actual ceremony, and the last one to the reception."

"Now that it is settled, can you try these dresses please. I would like to eat lunch before dinner." Hope comments impatiently, leaning back into her seat.

Grace choses to ignore her luckily and leaves the room with the shy mouse-like dressing assistant who'd stood by quietly through the entire exchange.