The Meeting

The Meeting

Laurel's POV

Standing in front of M&K, April, Aurora, and I shade our eyes from the sun as a white Camaro pulls up in front of us. Out steps a very tall, very handsome, dark-toned blonde with a very serious "no bullshit" vibe radiating off of him. In his hands is a very thick manilla folder. Aurora steps out to greet him.

"Paul." she smiles alluringly.

"Aurora." he grins, handing her the manilla folder.

"Thank you." she winks. "What would I do without you?"

"I don't know. I'd like to see that." Paul chuckles.

"Shut up." Aurora laughs, playfully shoving his shoulder.

"I know you're on a tight schedule, so I'll leave you be." Paul smiles slightly, leaning in to kiss Aurora on her forehead.

The kiss is very simple, but very intimate at the same time. I look away, feeling as if I'm intruding on a private moment. Glancing over at April, I see she's doing the same.

Aurora reappears in between us, and in a peripheral peek, I see the Camaro weaving its way to the parking lot's exit.

"Let's go." Aurora says, leading the way into the firm.

"He's handsome." I state as the cool air chills my blazing skin when we walk into the main lobby.

"Who, Paul?" Aurora asks, playing dumb.

"Yeah, who else?" I chuckle as we all step onto the elevator.

"Paul is just a friend." Aurora brushes me off.

"I didn't know 'just friends' kissed like that." I tease her.

"We didn't kiss!" Aurora exclaims.

"He kissed you." I point out as we wait for the elevator to arrive on the seventh floor.

"On the forehead!"

"That seemed like a really intense forehead kiss." I say, looking at April who nods i agreement.

"We're not about to talk about this right now." Aurora says, blushing as the elevator doors slide open.

"Later then." I say, making it known she won't be getting away that easily.

"Fine."

I smile in triumph, as Aurora walks up to Ava's desk.

"Let Alexa Maryland know her 12:30 is here." she says.

"Yes ma'am." Ava replies, immediately picking up the desk phone.

Ava talks on the phone for a second before she sets it back down and says:

"She's waiting for you in Conference Room B. Would you like me to escort you ma'am?"

"No thank you babydoll. We'll manage." Aurora says, turning away from the desk.

I automatically step up to lead the way. It only takes a few seconds to make it to Conference Room B since it's the second door after the breakroom.

"This is it." I gesture towards the door.

"Ok." Aurora says, turning around to look at April. "It's gametime. We're about to step into what could turn into unknown territory and you need to be prepared."

April nods slightly as she starts to fidget with her charm bracelet.

"It's alright to be scared but do not allow your nerves to get the best of you." Aurora instructs. "If you feel like you're about to cry or lose your temper, excuse yourself. I know I sound insensitive but this is the first official negotiation meeting and we need all poker faces on deck."