I Do Pt. 1

I DO Pt. 1

Third Person POV

The sun was on the verge of setting but no one was settling down. Everyone was bustling around as they waited for the limos to arrive to take them to Kirtlington Park. The wedding was delayed by 3 ½ hours but it was definitely still happening.

"Hey!" Liv rushed into the sitting room area with her glistening gold bridesmaids dress on with her heels in her hand. "Has anyone seen the boys? We're leaving in 5!"

At the sound of her lover's voice, Mel rushed from down the hall in the dining room to the sitting area where almost everyone had gathered in wait.

"You, sit!" she commanded Olivia. "No bossing and no stressing!"

"I'm not just going to sit here and do nothing. It's my best friend's wedding." Olivia objected. "Which by the way almost didn't happen because of me."

Sympathetically, Mel walked over to Olivia and took the heels from her hand, setting them on the couch.

"I know." Mel tucked a piece of hair behind Liv's ear. "But you promised me and the doctor that you'd take it easy if she let you leave the hospital for the wedding."

Dr. West had agreed to temporarily release Olivia so she didn't have to miss the wedding but Liv had to check back in afterwards for exams and a few scans since she'd left the hospital with a mild concussion. Mel had promised to watch Olivia and make sure she stayed in line and then bring her back to the hospital after all the festivities were over but Mel didn't know exactly how well that was going to work out. Olivia was a busy body; she'd seen it first hand.

"I feel so helpless." Olivia frowned.

"You're helping me just by being here. Please sit down." Mel reasoned, gently pulling Olivia onto the couch behind them.

Liv sighed as she relaxed into the sofa cushions. Her head was pounding but she wasn't going to tell anyone. She feared they would send her back to the hospital and she'd miss the wedding, which she was not having.

"Here, let me put on your shoes." Mel said as she pulled Liv's feet into her lap.

Mel dusted off the bottom of Liv's feet and slipped the heels on, securing the straps.

"So, are you going to relax or do I need to handcuff something so I know you'll stay still?" Mel asked, absentmindedly caressing Liv's leg after she'd finished putting on her shoes.

Liv made a face as if she was weighing her options then said:

"Ok. I'll relax but only if I can have a kiss first." she grinned.

"Deal." Mel laughed, gently taking Liv's face into her hands.

Their lips touched softly as Mel's hands slid from Liv's face down to her neck. The kiss was simple but Mel lingered as long as she could as she breathed in Olivia's intoxicating scent.

"Hey!" Laurel called as she and Steph walked into sitting area, hand-in-hand. "Stop all that kissing shit. The limos are outside waiting."

"Laurel!" Steph exclaimed in surprise, playfully hitting Laurel with the hand that she wasn't already holding.

"I'm sorry!" Laurel insisted. "I'm stressing. We don't have all this time to be sitting around. Can everyone please just come on."

"Calm down. We're coming." Mel playfully rolled her eyes as she pulled Liv up off the couch.

Both women grabbed their cellphones and clutches and followed Laurel and Steph down the hall, outside the mansion where all the limos waited. The door to their limo was open already, ready for them to climb in.