Strippers & Cupboard Doors

**Castings "Paris" (read chapter to find out who Paris is) as Jessica Clark from The Perfect Ending!**

Saturday Afternoon

The Day Before The Wedding

Strippers & Cupboard Door

Laurel's POV

The sun is bouncing off the sidewalk into my eyes and Is hield my face from the harmful rays as my team stands outside some bar in downtown Oxford. We're 30 minutes into the scavenger hunt and we have five items checked off already. Mel smacked the butt of some preppy British redhead who looked like he could use a good tease. It was nothing to get a guy to serenade Faith. She's freaking gorgeous. The guy belted out Bruno Mars' "Versace On The Floor" like it was no problem. In that same karaoke lounge, Julia found her name twin. A middle-aged woman who was out on an early date with her husband. Me being the badass that I am, walked up to a group of college boys outside a meat bistro and asked if they had a condom they could lend me. Naturally, they looked at me like I was completely insane but the one who seemed to be the leader of the group produced a gold Magnum pack out of his wallet. Now we're standing on the brink of completing our sixth activity: tongue kissing the bartender.

"So," Me says with her hands in her back pockets of her jeans. "Who's taking this one?"

We all look at each other. I guess expecting one of the others to volunteer themselves.

"Well, it can't be me. I'm getting married in 24 hours." Julia reminds us, shifting her hair off her neck for a moment.

"You know I'm all for random tongue diving," Mel grins. "But I'm between a rock and a hard place enough as is so it can't be me."

"I'm in a relationship." I shrug, counting myself out.

"And I would probably faint before I could finish the proposal." Faith says in a soft voice.

"I guess I'm taking one for the team then." Janet sighs, before turning around and walking into the bar.

We hurry in behind her but stay a safe distance away. As Janet approaches the bar counter, I see Faith out the corner of my eye take out her phone probably to video what was about to go down.

Janet gets the attention of the younger bartender and you can practically see the drool as he takes in all Janet's assets. We watch them talk. Janet lays her hand on top of his, then a couple of seconds later bushes her fingers across his name tag and onto his chest. He's completely mesmerized by her. The conversation must shift to us because she turns in our direction and kind of points at us. I smile and the other girls wave slightly. They guy looks our way, then back to Janet nodding eagerly. A smile spreads across Janet's face and if you didn't know her you'd mistake it as a smile of personal happiness. But I know her and that smile was one of triumph.

We all watch as Janet cautiously places her hands on either side of the young man's face and brings their lips together. The kiss starts off simple, not graphic enough to draw much attention. It picks up momentum pretty soon though and you can briefly see their tongues swirling together outside their mouths before their lips reconnect. By now, everyone at the bar is looking at them. The drinkers start clapping and cheering, rooting for the show to continue. The applause picks up throughout the bar and Janet breaks the kiss, turning to look at us out of breath with a cheeky smile on her face.

I laugh and give her a look of approval.

"When I grow up, I want to be just like her," Mel says in mock admiration.