Getting To Know You

Getting To Know You

Laurel's POV

~SATURDAY MORNING~

The early morning sun beams down on all us girls as we and outside of the mansion waiting for the cars to be brought out. A majority of us have portable coffee containers in tow due to our lack of energy from our late nights. Though we made it home at midnight many of our nights ran way past 12am.

Unfortunately for us, today is suppose to be a very busy day. Apparently, Julia and Grace have been battling whether or not to do a color scheme change for the wedding at the very last minute with a little over two weeks until the actual date is upon us. They announced to the whole family today at breakfast that they decided the old color scheme of Grecian, Teaberry, Raspberry and Classic Gray is not what they want anymore. Their new and final color scheme is simply Black, White, and Gold.

Thankfully they didn't choose anything out of the box. Black, White, and Gold is pretty manageable. Grace called Cynthia early this morning to make her aware of the change and Cynthia already has several dresses picked out that she's sure we're going to love. That's where Grace and I are headed this morning. The other girls are also jetting out to handle business for the new change early this morning. The pace of this wedding planning process has officially went from "we've got time" to "rush order".

"Ms. Piette, your car is ready." A young butler says to Grace.

"Thank you." Grace smiles gratefully. "Laur, are you ready?"

I can feel my eyes widen at the nickname but I nod. Turning to my left, I come face to face with Steph.

"I'll see you later." I vow, squeezing her hand.

"Okay babe." Steph smiles, brushing one of my spirals off my shoulder.

We share a quick kiss before I make my way to Grace's car.

"Do you want to drive today?" Grace asks jokingly.

"Oh no," I laugh. "You've got it today."

Grace chuckles at my response and walks around the car to the driver's seat as I climb into the passenger's seat.

We buckle our seatbelts and Grace speeds off down the endless mansion's driveway.

"Are you as tired as I am right now?" Grace asks as we pull off the driveway onto the main road.

"Probably even more so." I answer, looking at her then back out the window.

"Long nights then busy days are the worst." Grace comments, yawning delicately into one hand while the other stays on the wheel.

"I know right."

That was a very dry response and it's very unlike me to give such an unanswerable reply but what I really wanted to know from her has nothing to do with long nights.

"Grace?"

"Yes?" she looks over at me and back to the road in front of her.

"Um, Just a few minutes ago when the car arrived and you asked me if I was ready you called me Laur..."

"I hope I did not offend you. It just slipped out, honestly." Grace insists, reaching over to touch my forearm lightly.

"No, no. You didn't offend me." I assure her. "I was just wondering where you got that name from."

"Have you never been called that before?" Grace asks, a confused expression on her face.

"I have, just only by certain people." I explain.