So Much For Relaxation

Steph's POV

Holding my heels in one hand and the bottom of my dress in another, I tiptoe as quietly as I can through our sitting room and into our bedroom. Without having to turn on the light, I see a small hump on the right side of the bed slightly moving up and down. I know it's Laurel. Who else would be in our bed at....glancing down at my phone I confirm the time...3:58 in the morning!

I can't believe I let Janet keep me out so late. I honestly hadn't even noticed the time myself until Nova had pointed the it out while we were still at Ecstacy. We had done so many things that time just seemed like a material thing instead of something of actual value.

Setting my heels on the ground near the end of the bed, I toss my cellphone on top of the comforter and begin to strop. I pull my dress over my head and let it fall to the ground. With more care, I remove my diamond earrings and necklace along with my diamond embedded hair barrette, letting my hair fall to my shoulders.

Not caring that I have on no clothes and I probably reek of alcohol and expensive perfumes that aren't mine, I climb into bed and curl up on my side. So exhausted, it only takes me a few minutes to actually fall asleep.

***

Laurel's POV

If I hadn't already been slightly awake because of the beaming sunlight coming from the room's window, I would have been seriously pissed to be taken out of sleep by the house phone's blaring ring from in the sitting room.

I jump out of bed and run to where the phone is, picking it up from it's old-school cradle and putting it to my ear.

"Hello?" I croak, sleep still clogging up my throat.

"Laurel, it is Grace. Did I wake you?"

"Uh, no." I lie. "What can I do for you?"

She laughs, knowing I'm lying.

"I am just calling to let you know we will not be having breakfast in the dining room this morning. It has been moved to the sundeck."

"Okay." I yawn. "What time is breakfast?"

"10."

"And what time is it now?"

"8:53." Grace says.

"Okay, thanks. We'll be there."

"Do you know how to get there?" Grace asks.

"No, but I'll just call the house's headquarters to have someone take us. If you tell me how to get there now there's a 100% chance I'm going to forget before this conversation is over." I say honestly.

"Right." Grace chuckles. "You should definitely call then."

"I will. Just as soon as we get dressed."

"I will let you two be then. See you both at breakfast." Grace says before hanging up the phone.

I set the phone back in it's cradle and walk back into the bedroom. The harsh sunlight nor the piercing ring of the phone seemed to have bothered Steph because she's still sound asleep in the same position I left her in.

Must be nice.

I wonder what time she got in last night, I think to myself as I get back on the bed.

I prop myself up on my elbows as I watch her sleep. Taking the strand of hair that's draped lazily across her face, I tuck it behind her ear, gently stroking her cheek as I move my hand away.