FOUND

***Fifth Harmony's "Can You See" in the media because that's what I was listening to when I was editing the chapter.***

August 13th 1:15 p.m.

2 Hrs. 45 mins. Until Wedding

FOUND

THIRD PERSON'S POV

Laurel gripped the door handle of Julia's silver 2018 Audi as they hurtled down the street way past the speed limit. Laurel glanced over at the speedometer and her breath hitched in her throat as she registered the speed at which the small sports car was going.

"Julia, if you don't slow down we're going to get a ticket. Maybe worse." she swallow nervously.

There was no reaction, no other emotion other than determination on Julia's face as she pressed down a little bit more on the gas pedal.

"Julia! You need to slow down!" Laurel said with a little bit more force.

"I can't! I can't slow down! I have to find her!" Julia cried as her eyes wandered the streets as she drove.

"You're not going to make it to find her if we wreck." Laurel tried to reason in a less frightening tone.

"Don't talk to me like I'm some child!" Julia exploded. "I am not a child! I know what I'm doing! If this was Mel would you want me to tell you to slow down? Would you want me to talk to you like you were on the edge of some mental breakdown?!"

Laurel didn't form her mouth to say a single word as she just looked at Julia with knowing eyes. When they had been together her and Julia would argue or Julia would be stressed and Laurel's lack of argumentative tones would push Julia over the edge, making her erupt with words of anger. When Julia realized Laurel would not respond to such tones she often came to her senses. Just as she did this time when she glanced over at Laurel's face to find that look she knew oh-so-well.

Sighing, Julia put on her blinker and slowly pulled the car over to the shoulder of the road, putting it in park.

"Look, I'm sorry." Julia exhaled with exhaustion as she rubbed her hands over her face. "I didn't mean to yell at you. I'm just so worried and stressed out and I have a lot on my mind with the wedding and now Liv..."

"Hey," Laurel cooed empathetically, taking one of Julia's hand into her own. "I get you're frustrated. I didn't take it personally. Plus, you've said much worse to me at much louder volumes." she added with a humorous smile.

Julia blushed in embarrassment as she realized she had always been the most mindless person when she was upset, but she couldn't help the small grin and bit of laughter that touched her face either.

"Seriously though." Julia wiped a fallen tear from her cheek with her free hand. "What if I don't find her and we have to cancel the wedding."

"You would really cancel the wedding?"

"Wouldn't you?"

"In your predicament, I guess I would." Laurel shrugged.

"Do you think Grace would understand if I had to..." Julia refused to finish her sentence, knowing Laurel would get what she was trying to say.

A flash of the kiss from last night flickered in Laurel's mind at the mention of Grace's name but she quickly pushed it aside so she could comfort Julia.

"Well, she won't have much of a choice. If she really loves you she'll wait."

"How long can I ask her to wait though?" Julia sunk her teeth into her bottom lip with worry.