Private Class

Private Class

Laurel's POV

A horn blares outside the house and I hurry to the window to see our Uber outside waiting for us.

"Steph! The Uber is here!" I shout to her in the back of the house.

"Okay! I'm coming!"

Sighing, I grab the handle of her suitcase and try and tilt it so I can roll it out the front door.

Not without a struggle, I'm able to get the suitcase out the door and down the driveway to the black Ford Explorer.

"Oh my gosh." I breathe, setting the suitcase right side up.

I let my head fall back on my neck as I wait for my body to recover from handling the gigantic load.

"Heavy packer?" A voice says, chuckling.

Looking up, I see the guy who is obviously our Uber driver for the night.

"It's not mine." I smile. "But she is a heavy packer, yes."

"I see." The young male grins, running his hands over his perfectly line fade.

"Well there's more, so I hope there's room in your trunk." I smirk, before heading back up the driveway.

It takes a good 15 minutes to get all of our luggage to the SUV and situated in the trunk just right so everything fits. And unsurprisingly, Steph hasn't come out the house yet.

Exhausted, I march back to the front door.

"Steph! Let's go! We're going to miss our flight if we don't leave now!"

"Be out in just a second!" she calls back in a singing-like voice.

Rolling my eyes, I stroll through the house to make sure all the lights are off. Standing back at the front door, I listen to the shuffling in the hallway and conclude that Steph should be out the house any second now.

Checking my pockets, I make sure I have my phone and my house keys before I step back outside.

"She should be out in a minute then we can leave." I explain to the Uber driver.

"No problem babe." he replies, licking his lips a little.

Trying to be polite, I force a smile but I really want to roll my eyes. I can immediately tell the type of guy he puts himself off ass. He's not bad-looking. He's actually quite the charmer and he knows it too. His green eyes are striking against his caramel-colored complexion, and his hair looks to be in soft dark chocolate waves. An older-looking Evan Ross, but his gross amount of confidence and ego is overwhelming.

"I wish she would come on." I mumble to myself, looking at the time on my phone.

"Is that her?" Mini Evan Ross asks, rubbing his chin.

Looking up at the door, I see Steph with her laptop carrier strap on her shoulder, patting all over herself, probably looking for her cellphone that is already in the car.

"Laurel, have you seen my phone?" Steph calls to me.

"I have it." I say, trying to hold in a small laugh.

Smiling in embarrassment, she closes and locks the front door and starts down the driveway.

"Is that you sister?" Mini Evan Ross asks.

He's gawking at her like she's a rare challenge waiting to be completed.

"I wouldn't say that." I grit through clenched teeth, trying not to show my distaste for the way he's looking at he's looking at her.