Dirty Laundry Pt. 2

***This had nothing to do with anything but my new favorite song is in the media!! :) ***

Dirty Laundry Pt. 2

Laurel's POV

I'm standing in front of the bathroom mirror, staring at my reflection. Our chamber is silent since I'm here alone and I revel in the silence as it gives me time to think.

I have a wedding to pull off in two weeks and a little over a month until classes start again. I'm going back to New York in a couple of weeks and I literally have no idea where this will leave me and Steph. Long distance relationships have never been my thing. I would hate for our relationship to become something I just put up with because I have to. I would grow to resent Steph, something I never want to do.

Just the thought of something so painful creates a knot in my stomach. Shaking the conflicting thoughts from my mind, I grab a moist towelette from the pack on the counter and begin to wipe off my makeup. It's not like I'm going anywhere important after this.

Once all the makeup is off, I undress and turn on the shower. Stepping in to wash off today's sweat and dirt.

Getting out, I brush through my tangled wet hair and pull it into a sloppy bun at the top of my head. Wandering back into the bedroom wrapped in a towel, I rummage through the dresser drawers for some pajamas. Finally I find some navy blue sweats and a plain white sleeveless T-shirt that I put on over my black V.S. set.

I'm just finishing rubbing lotion into my elbows when Steph walks in with a giant clothes bag and a smaller shoe bag in tow.

"Hey babe." she greets, rushing over to kiss me before setting her bags on the edge of the bed.

"How did shopping go?" I ask, hopping onto the bed.

"Good." she smiles, "I had to reel Janet in or else she would have had me out there dressed like a girl half my age."

"I'm sure she wasn't that bad." I laugh. "Show me what you got."

"I'll show you on my body when I put it on." Steph winks. "Which I have...very little time to do if I want to have time to do my hair and makeup." she says, glancing at the time on her phone.

"You should probably hop in the shower again. You don't want today's shopping stink to be on you when you go out, now do you?" I grin teasingly.

"You're right." Steph frowns after sniffing her shirt. "I smell like outside."

"Go get in the shower." I laugh. "Then I'll help you with your hair and makeup."

"Okay. Thanks babe." Steph smiles as she begins to strip from her clothes.

She takes her shirt and jeans off, leaving them in a trail on the floor to the bathroom. I shake my head humorously at her messiness and get off the bed to pick up her clothes, throwing them in the hamper next to the bathroom door.

Having nothing else better to do, I lay back on the bed and wait for Steph to get out the shower. After about 10 minutes I hear the shower cut off and Steph's walking out the bathroom in a towel moments later.

She drops the towel at the dresser and puts on a dark red lace Victoria Secret set that's similar in design to the one I have on. I help her rub cocoa butter lotion all over her body before we go back to the bathroom where all of our hair supplies is.

"So," I hum as I massage her scalp. "How do you want your hair?"

I have her seated in front of the bathroom's mirror on a stool I assume is left in here for purposes like ours, her hair swirling around her face.