Jason

Jason

Laurel's POV

Swimming exhausted all of us. After the pool, everyone went back to their rooms to shower and lay low for a while. Steph and I fell asleep on the couch together in our sitting room. We were suppose to be watching a movie but I don't think we even made it 20 minutes in before we were sound asleep wrapped in each other's arms.

We wake up around 4 o'clock and head to the dining room to eat an early dinner with the family before we're all suppose to gather in the main living room to watch this England cycling sporting event.

"What is this thing we're suppose to be watching in the TV room again?" Liv asks at the dinner table.

We're all sipping our glasses of wine while the kitchen staff clears the table.

"It is the final day of the BMX World Championships in Rock Hill." Joseph explains.

"For what sport?" Liv questions.

"Cycling." Joseph tells her.

"We're going to watch a bunch of people ride bikes?" Mel jumps in.

"Mel!" I scold her, leaning forward to look down the table in her direction.

"What?" she laughs. "I'm just asking."

I roll my eyes and sit back into my seat again. I feel Steph's hand on my thigh under the table and I turn to smile at her.

"It is actually about to start in a few. We should make our way over to the TV room." Joseph says, scooting his chair back from the table.

We all follow his lead with our wine glasses in hand. As we're all standing, I notice that a majority of our wine glasses are empty or nearly empty.

"Jules, do you want me to go to the kitchen to get another bottle of wine?" I ask Julia as I push my chair back under the table.

"You don't have to. I can do it." she replies.

"No, I'll do it." I assure her.

"Okay. But only if you want to."

"Don't worry. I'll meet you guys in there." I say.

Julia nods, touching my arm gratefully before following a majority of the family out the room.

"Make sure to get the good stuff, darling." Mrs. Mae, Grace's mother, says with a smile.

"I'll try." I smile back.

She winks maternally and leaves the room, no doubt heading for the TV room like everyone else. Turning to Steph, I say:

"You go head."

"Okay." Steph smiles, kissing my lips softly. "I'll save you a seat."

"Thank you.: I grin, squeezing her side.

She kisses me again before she's off too. Once she's gone, I notice that Grace has stayed behind and is looking at me.

"What's up?" I sip from my wine glass.

"Nothing." she shrugs. "I was just going to go fetch the wine with you."

"Okay. Well, come on." I smile, walking out the dining room.

We walk side by side in silence for a moment until she speaks up.

"So I was thinking with the wedding being so close, I should really get to work on Julia's gift. But I still have no clue what to do. Have you thought of anything?"