Bad Idea

*NEW CAST MEMBER IN STORY IN THE MEDIA!! READ THE AUTHOR'S NOTE BELOW TO FIND OUT WHO SHE IS!!! *

Bad Idea

Laurel's POV

* 2 Weeks Later *

I swear time flies when you're actually enjoying your life. These past 2 weeks have been bliss. I'm learning more and more everyday at the firm, and things between Steph and I have been great...almost. We've been spending a lot of time alone together and the more alone time we have the more I'm tempted to kiss her. But I don't really know if I should, seeing how my father has been treating her, I don't know if it would be a good idea or would it just add more to her plate of stress. But some part of me actually has me thinking she might want to kiss me too. The way this tension is building up between us there is no way I'm the only one feeling it.

I sigh longingly as I step off the elevator and into the 7th floor's lobby.

"Good morning." Ava greets me, sipping from her cup of coffee.

I smile in return and sign in on the clipboard on the counter of the secretarial desk.

"Alexa wants you in her office ASAP." Ava says.

"Alrighty." I say, setting down the desk's pin and starting for the office.

Walking in, she's sitting rigidly upright in her desk chair like always and her eyes are on some documents laid out across her desk.

"Good morning Sunshine." I greet her, taking a seat in front of her desk.

"Happy Thursday." Alexa smiles cheerfully, pulling her glasses off.

"You too. So," I say, crossing my legs comfortably "What's on the agenda for today?"

"Well," Alexa inhales, running her fingers through her long brown hair. "We have a client coming into tomorrow. So you might want to do a quick briefing on him before the appointment at 10:30. And, we have court today at 2pm for Mia Harris."

I groan inwardly at the sound of Mia's name. I have "coincidentally" ran into Mia 6 times these past 2 weeks while I've been out at lunch with my friends. She just appears! And there has yet to be a time that I haven't tried to force into her brain that any type of relationship with her outside of the business of M&K would be completely unethical. But it doesn't seem to phase her. There's always another time she shows up randomly, and there's not much I can do about it. I'm seriously beginning to wonder if she's really interested in me or is she just super determined to get into my panties. It's most likely the last one.

"Ok. Is that it?" I ask, trying to hide my distaste for the situation.

"I believe so." She shrugs, folding her hands in front of me. "Oh, and the client's name for tomorrow is Amir Maxwell."

I nod, getting up from my seat my coffee, laptop case and phone in tow.

"I'll get that file on Amir Maxwell, and I'll magically resurface in time for court." I joke.

Alexa laughs and the desk phone's ring pierces through the air. I wave a goodbye as she reaches for the phone. I hear her address the person on the other end of the line as I'm closing the office door behind me.

Routinely, I turn in the direction of the floor's break room. I've been meeting April there nearly everyday for the past week and a half. Not meeting her really, more like her being there everyday and me pestering her. The first time I ran into her had been an accident. I had been running late that morning and didn't have time to stop at Starbucks so I just figured the firm's coffee would have to suffice.