Peyton Everly

Saturday

8 Days Until The Wedding

Peyton Everly

Laurel's POV

"The Beach! Finally!" Mel exclaims, flinging herself dramatically out the car to bask in the blazing Perranporth sun.

I kind of understand where Mel is coming from as I climb out the backseat of Liv's rental car. We've been cooped up in the car for 4 ½ hours since 8 this morning. Steph, Mel, Liv, and I in one car, Julia, Grace, Janet, and Em in another and the boys rode in one of the Piette's luxurious SUVs.

"Don't be so dramatic." Liv laughs, hitting Mel's butt on the way to the trunk of the car.

I look around and notice Jacob hasn't gotten out of the SUV yet and my breathing goes back to normal. Those two.

"You have no idea what it's like to be confined like that." Mel sighs, spinning around in a circle with her arms extended and face to the sky.

"I think we do. We did ride in the same car as you." I chuckle as I help Steph out the car.

"Whatever," Mel rolls her eyes as all four of us move towards the giant hill of sand and small vegetation that overlooks the beach below.

We stop at the foot of the mound and wait for everyone else to come. Grace and Julia appear first, then Janet and Em. The boys are last as they come trampling around the row of cars, laughing and shoving each other like maniacs. The hysterics die down when Jacob walks up behind Mel, practically a lifted elbow away from Liv. Luckily, I'm the only one who sees Liv's disgusted expression before she moves to the other side of the crowd just which just happens to be next to me.

"That was the longest ride of my life," Janet complains, raising her hand to her forehead to shield her eyes from the sun.

"You fly back and forth from here to the U.S. constantly. That is definitely longer than 4 ½ hours." Grace points out to Janet.

"At least I fly in comfort. The backseat of your car, though very lovely, is not made for someone with the likes of this body." Janet smirks, twisting and turning slightly in her bikini and see-through swimsuit cover.

Grace laughs and hugs up closer to Julia. Looking around our little circle, I see a majority of us are coupled up. Everyone except Liv, Janet, Grace's brother, Jacob, and Julia's brother Justin. EVen Joseph had found his way over to his crush, Emily. Janet obviously notices at the same time as me.

"Well isn't this a bitch." Janet shakes her head with her hands on her hip. "Someone should have told me this was a couples thing. I would have found myself a girlfriend for the day."

"Since when do you need to do what everyone else is doing?" Julia asks her sister, clearly amused.

"Since now." Janet glares at Julia.

"Well, find you a girlfriend for the day then when we get to the water." Julia laughs.

Janet frowns, showing her evident discomfort for being left out.

"You know what?" Janet speaks up, a totally different tone in her voice than before. "I think I just found my girlfriend for the day?"

"Who, so fast?" Em wonders.

Janet clenches her jaw in determination and starts in my direction. Or at least I thought it was in my direction before she passes me up and grabs hold of the hand belonging to the brunette to my right.