Love or Fame ~ Chapter 20

Chapter 20

*Lexi's P.O.V*

~At Jason's House~

~After talking to him about everything that happened earlier with Diggy and how it really was just a coincidence & talking to him about my feelings towards him and Diggy. How I can't even stand being in the same room with Diggy anymore. How I still wanna work on us.~

Me: so please, don't be mad at me. I am truly sorry.

Jason:...I'm not mad at you. I know where your heart is. It's with Diggy. I just want you to be happy Lexi. That's really all I want.

Me: Jason...*buries my face in my hands* stop being so nice. I don't deserve it.

Jason: you want me to be mean to you? You want me to start yelling at you? Look @ me. *moves my hands* is that what you want?

Me:...honestly...I don't know what I want. But I do know that I wanna work on us. I know that you want me to love you more than just a friend but we just started dating. I know that we'll get there in time.

Jason: Lexi, we can't do that. We both know that you're in love w/ Diggy.

Me: *gets upset/walks away*Jason can you just stop saying that please? I'm not in love w/ Diggy okay? It was physical attraction and that's it! Now I know how he really is! He cares too much about what the damn media thinks and I don't need that Jason! I don't need that, I don't need him!

As I was saying all that, venting to Jason, I started crying. Why? I don't need Diggy. I don't need someone who puts the media before me.

Jason: *walks towards me* Lexi, I know he hurt you. I know you're upset. But you're only fooling yourself. You do love him. You're crying because you know that you're just lying to yourself. You love someone that hurt you. That's never easy. But you know you want Diggy.

Thinking about it the way Jason just said it, he's right. I don't "need" Diggy. I "want" him.

Jason: *wipes my tears* we can still be great friends. You know that I'll always be here for you. I made that promise to you a long time ago and I don't intend on breaking it. *hugs* I love you Lexi...my best friend.

He made everything seem better but even then, my eyes got wetter.

Me: *sighs* I love you too Jason.