Chapter 38

Chapter 38

*Lexy's P.O.V*

I was sitting on my couch texting Zendaya when my bell rang. I looked in the direction the door's in for a second before going to open it. I took a deep breath and walked over there to open it. I was sooo excited! Tonight's gonna be perfect!

Me: *opening the door* hey ba -stops talking abrubtly- oh

?: oh? Just oh? *laughs* well that was nice.

Me: *laughs* sorry Chris. I just...I thought you were Diggy.

Chris: oh *walks in* well you look mighty dressed up. Y'all goin out?

Me: yup

Chris: oh...ok cool. Have fun.

Me: thanks. So um...don't take this the wrong way, I've always loved your visits but um...why are you here? What's up?

Chris: damn Lexi, a dude can't come back and see his best friend hoping they can pick up where they left off?

Me: *laughs* Chris, I told you not to take it the wrong way.

Chris: I know, I just like messing w/ you. You're lookin beautiful btw.

Me: thank you

Chris: you're welcome. So, you remember that time when we had to waltz for my aunts party when we were 13?

Me: awww yeah! It was cute *laughs*

Chris: *takes out his phone and plays music* dance with me Lexi. *smiles/holds out his hand*

Me:...okay *takes his hand*

We danced and laughed a little. This reminded me of when we were kids. Before I started my music/fashion career. Life was so simple then. There were times when I missed that simplicity. & I missed Chris. We were so close when we were kids. Then he left. Him being here really brought back a lot of memories I thought I had forgotten. I have my best friend back and now it's like he never even left.

Me: I really missed you Chris

Chris: I really missed you too Lexi. We were so close.

Me: we still are. I mean, I know we haven't seen or talked to each other in two years. Yeah, things have changed, but, we're still friends.

Chris: *smiles* best friends

Me: *smiles* yeah, best friends

The song ended and we just stood there for a few seconds. I know what you're thinking. You think I like Christian. Yeah, he's attractive but I don't like him that way. I mean, I did have a crush on him when we were like 7 but that went away like a month later. Then we became friends. We've been best friends ever since.

Chris: Lexi, I came here to talk to you about something.

His smile went away and he was now serious.

Me: okay *sits on couch*

Chris: *sighs/sits beside me* so you and Diggy huh?

Me: yup *smiles*

Chris:...why?

Me:...what?

Chris: I'm sorry, I just don't get it.

Me: get what Chris?

Chris: why you're with him? He just doesn't seem like the right guy for you.

Me: he doesn't seem like the right guy for me? Chris, you know nothing about him. You've been gone for two years and like I said, things have changed. I've changed. I'm not the same girl you left two years ago. You can't tell me who's right for me. That's my decision, not yours.