Chapter 70

*Diggy's P.O.V*

~The Next Day~

I reached over on Lexi's side of the bed like I usually do when I wake up. I usually wake up with a smile on my face when I feel her beside me. Not this time. This time, I woke up to no one beside me and a wet pillow.

I feel so...empty. I don't even wanna get out of bed. Honestly, right now, I don't even wanna live.

I was laying there thinking about Lexi when my phone rang. Great, it's Logan. -_-

Me: *answers phone w/ an attitude* what?

Logan: um...hey Daniel

Me: what do you want?

Logan: um...I just wanted to say that I'm sorry. I heard about Alex. Even though I really didn't like her, I know how much you loved her. I know how it feels to lose someone you love.

I wanted to accept the apology. She sounded sincere, but I just couldn't. I couldn't accept anything. Nothing was making sense. I just want Lexi back. I can't and I won't believe that she's dead. Part of me believes it, but another part of me says she's not. I mean, there was no body found. What if she was taken or something? Then last night when I thought she was here, she kept saying "don't give up." But I really just imagined her. But was that a sign? Is she still out there and that was a sign? Something just doesn't seem right. How could the body burn into ash that fast with nothing at all remaining? I thought about all this as Logan was going on and on about shit I didn't even care about. Pause...if I'm right, & Lexi's still out there, Logan's probably in on this too. I mean, I don't wanna accuse her if anything she's not part of, but she did hate Lexi so I wouldn't be surprised.

Logan kept talking while I thought. All I heard was blah, blah, blah. OMG can she shut the hell up? Shut up, shut up, shut up! I interrupted her.

Logan: & it was like I-

Me: bye Logan

Logan:...what?

Me: Logan, do you really think I give two shits about what you have to say about your life right now? Honestly? Think about it. I'm here mourning and your talking about...

I wasn't even listening.

Me: to tell you the truth, I wasn't even listening to you. Wtf were you even talking about anyway? You know what? I don't even care. Um...I guess I should thank you for your "condolences" but to be honest, it doesn't mean anything to me. You hated Lexi. So this means nothing. Bye.

With that, I hung up. I continued to think about Lexi. Something's just not right.

Short, but don't forget to leave feedback :)