Surprise

Sam Winchester X Reader

Synopsis: After you wake up in a terrible mood and feel like everything is going wrong, Sam surprises you with a gift.

You rolled over in bed, and suddenly you were falling. You grunted as you landed on the floor, the comforter tangled around your legs. Your boyfriend, Sam, Peeked his head over. He looked at you with tired eyes.

"Y/n, you okay baby?" He asks, his voice rough with sleep. Your head was pounding and you must've slept on your back wrong.

"Just peachy." You replied, standing up and throwing the blanket back onto the bed. Sam walked over to you, pulling you into his familiar embrace.

"You stay in here, rest, maybe take a bath. I'll go make you some breakfast." Sam explained, resting his chin on your head. You nodded into his shirt and he kissed your hair before hurrying out of the room.

Sighing, you made your way to the bathroom. You started filling the bath and looked at yourself in the mirror. You had dark circles under your eyes, a red mark on your cheek from the pillow, as your hair was snarled beyond recognition.

Grumbling to yourself, you pulled off your shirt and pants, leaving only your bra and panties. Once the bath was full you tool off your underwear and slid into the warm water.

You didn't know how long you had been in the bath, but when you got out your fingers were wrinkled. You walked into the room and ended up stubbing your toe on the nightstand.

"Shit!" You yelled hopping on your uninjured foot. Once you had calmed down you pulled on one of Sam's shirts and a pair of yoga pants. You threw your hair up into a ponytail before making your way to the kitchen. 

   Sam's back was to you, and it looked like he was flipping a pancake. Dean sat at the table, his head laid on it. You sat across from him and frowned at the wall. 

"Hey, how are you?" Sam asked, setting a plate of pancakes and bacon in front of you. You sighed and looked up at him.

  "Today sucks, and it's not even ten o'clock yet." You said, your voice small and fragile. Sam frowned at you before kissing the top of your head.

"Well if I have anything to do with it that'll change." Sam replied. Dean sat up, squinting at the two of you with tired eyes.

"You two are so cute it's gross. Sammy why don't you get me some food?" Dean offered.

  "Get your own, I have to get Y/n coffee." Sam replied, turning away from you and his brother. Dean groaned and pushed himself up from the table.

You started nibbling on your breakfast, trying not to burst into tears. You didn't know why you were so emotional, it was just one of those days.

After breakfast, you went back to your and Sam's room, closing the door behind you. You turned off the light and blindly stumbled to the bed. Once you reached it, you wrapped yourself in a blanket and stared at the wall.

  Every once in awhile, a tear would slip down your cheek. You were on the verge of sleep when the door cracked in, sending a little light in.

"Y/n?" You knew you should answer Sam, but you didn't want to. The door opened all the way and you flinched at the light.

"Baby what's wrong?" Sam asked, sitting next to you.
"I'm just not in the best mood today." You said, your voice breaking. Sam smoothed your hair down and pressed a soft kiss to your lips.

"I'm so sorry, is there anything I can do?" Sam asked. You mulled it over before coming up with a conclusion.

"I don't think there's anything you can do." You replied. That wasn't the answer Sam wanted and he frowned.

  "Alright, would you like me to leave you alone?" He asked. You nodded and he got up to leave.

  "Sam will you close the door?" Your asked.

"Yeah, try to feel better. I love you." Sam replied, standing in the doorway.

"Love you too."

The door closed and you resumed your staring at the wall. Soon sleep overtook you and you fell into a dreamless sleep.

  When you woke up, you were confused as to where you where. After a few seconds, your brain started working again and you laid back down. Realizing you should do more than sulk you got up and went to the door.

  Throwing it open, you were blinded by the light for a minute. You walked down the hall and entered the library. Sad to find it empty, you sat down and grabbed a book that had been left on the table.

It was a book on lore about vampires, not your favorite thing to read about. You set the book back down and went to wander again.

  Ending up in the library again, you let out a defeated sigh and slumped down into the chair. You heard footsteps and turned around to see Dean. He came and sat across from you.

"How's it going Y/n?" Dean asked, and you glared at him. You knew he was just trying to be nice but you weren't in the mood.

"Sorry, I was just asking." Dean apologized.

"Where's Sam?" You asked, realizing you hadn't seen him in awhile. Dean just shrugged, not being helpful in the least bit. You decided to go back to your room, hoping listening to music would help lighten your mood.

  You were laying on your back, your eyes closed and music blasting in your ears. You felt a hand on your ankle and looked up to see Sam with a box.

"What's that?" You asked, sitting up. Sam gave you a small smile.

"I know you've had a hard day and I want to make you smile." Sam explained, handing you the box. It was pretty much open and you peered inside, gasping.

Inside was a sleeping baby black lab. You looked up at Sam, who stared at you with a questioning look om his face.

"Sam, you got me a puppy?" You asked, and Sam nodded. Squealing you threw your arms around him, earning a chuckle from the hazel eyed hunter.

"Thank you thank you thank you! I love you so much!" You exclaimed, grinning.

"I'm just glad to see you happy." Sam replied. The puppy had woken up, and was now happily crawling around the bed.

"So what are you gonna name him?" Sam asked.

"Actually I was thinking of naming him Moose." You replied, and Sam laughed. Even though today had had a rocky start, everything was much better now.