Oblivious

Dean X Reader

Just look at the picture... ^

  You, Dean, and Sam all returned to the hotel after taking out a vampire nest. You sighed and flopped down on one of the beds. Sam disappeared into the bathroom, and Dean sat at the table, a beer already in his hands.

  "So y/n, I was hoping maybe we could go to dinner to celebrate." Dean said. You threw an arm over your eyes, blocking out the light.

"Yeah, sure. Sam needs to get out of the bathroom so we can go." You replied, not moving.

"No, I meant just us two." Dean replied, and you sat up. Confusion filled your face.

  "Why? Does Sam not want to come?" You asked. Dean groaned and threw his head back. You pulled back, scared you had offended him in some way.

  "Y/n, I'm trying to ask you on a date!" He exclaimed, standing up. You were shocked, Dean Winchester wanted to take you on a date?

  "Wait, really?" You asked, getting up off the bed. Dean looked at you, licking his lips once.

"Yeah, have been for awhile now. You just haven't noticed." Dean said softly. How had you not noticed? Memories flashed through your mind:

  Dean asking you to go to the bar and you convincing Sam to come.

Him telling you to dress up to go to dinner and you saying you wanted to stay in tonight.

Sam telling you to go with Dean and you telling him you need to help with research.

  "Oh my God Dean, I'm so sorry!" You exclaimed, covering your bright red face. You sank down onto the bed, feeling extremely embarrassed.

  "Hey, y/n, it's okay. Don't beat yourself up over it." Dean said, coming to sit beside you. You sighed and rested your head on his shoulder.

  "So do you still wanna go on a date with me?" You asked.

"Hell yes." Dean said, earning a giggle from you. "Let's do it." You replied. You lifted your head, giving Dean a bashful smile.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

  You stood in front of the mirror, applying mascara. Your hair fell down your back in ringlet curls, and you had dark eyeshadow and lip gloss.

  You were wearing a black tank top, dark blue skinny jeans, and a red and black flannel was tied around your waist. To top it all off you wore your lucky black flats. Finally thinking you looked acceptable, you took a deep breath. You were way more nervous than you thought you would be.

  You cracked open the door to see Dean pacing, and Sam reading a book on one of the beds. You walked out, and Dean instantly looked up at you.

  "Wow, y/n. You look.... amazing." He breathed out, causing a blush to rise on your cheeks.

  "Oh stop." You teased, waving his comment away with your hand. Dean actually looked pretty good too. He was wearing one of his nicer flannels, and he looked like he did something new to his hair.

  "You ready to go?" Dean asked, grabbing his car keys. You nodded, not trusting your voice.

   The two of you got into the Impala, and you nervously played with a piece of your hair.

  "Hey, are you okay?" Dean asked, turning his body towards you. You shook your head.

   "I'm really nervous." You muttered. Dean placed a hand on yours, a soft smile on his lips.

   "It'll be fine. It's just a date, ans nothing is gonna happen. This isn't a one night stand." Dean explained. You nodded, trying not to cry because of the makeup.

  "Let's go to dinner." You said. Dean grinned and started up Baby. By the time you arrived at the restaurant, you had gotten control over your emotions.

   Dean held the door open for you, and you stood on your tiptoes to peck his cheek. You two were seated instantly, and you opened up your menu.

   "So if this goes well do you think a second date could happen?" Dean asked, leaning over the table.

  "I think that's possible, yes." You replied, a smile tugging at your lips.

"Well good, because I really like you y/n. I want this to work." Dean said, staring at his menu.

"I like you too." You said, gazing suspiciously at the suddenly nervous Winchester.

  "Hi there, what can I get you?" The waitress asked, giving Dean a clear sight of her cleavage.

  "I'm not sure yet, what do you want baby?" Dean asked, looking at you. You knew what he was doing, he was trying to turn down the waitress without talking to her.

  "Umm, I'll have a bacon cheeseburger and a beer. Also a slice of apple pie when we're both done." You replied, giving the waitress a cold smile.

  "Alright. And how about you?" The waitress asked Dean, her voice trembling a little.

  "Same as her." Dean replied, winking at you. You giggled and pressed the tips of your fingers to your lips.

  "Alright, I'll be back with your food soon." The waitress said, grabbing the menus and hurrying away.

  "That was fun." You exclaimed, a smile gracing your lips.

  "It was, wasn't it?" Dean asked, and something in his eyes told you there would be many more dates to come.