Asking

Cas X Reader

Requested by JustBrowsing32

Synopsis: Cas has realized his attraction to you, and asks your brothers (Sam and Dean) for permission to date you. 

    "Don't be nervous, Cas. You're good friends with both of them, they know you're a good person. The only reason they'd say no is because they're overprotective of me." You assured Cas as you straightened his tie like you did many times in the past. Castiel sighed, nodding. 

   "I know, I also know that Dean could quite possibly shoot me when he finds out. It won't kill me, of course. But it is damaging to my vessel." Cas said matter-of-factly. You laughed lightly, shaking your head. 

  You pecked his lips, getting that crooked smile you loved so much, "You're adorable. Let's go. I made pie to hopefully help the situation." 

   "That's smart because Dean likes pie, and he'll be happy if he has pie, which won't make him as mad at me." Cas explained as you pushed him out the door. You smiled. 

   "That's right." You walked into the library with Cas, where your two brothers were knee deep in research on all things monsters. You cleared your throat, but it wasn't enough to catch their attention. 

   "Umm... guys?" This time they looked up, instantly confused when they saw Cas was with you. "What's up?" Sam asked, looking back and forth at you and the trench-coated Angel. 

  "Cas has something he wants to ask you." You said quickly before setting the freshly baked pie on the table. Dean instantly looked happier as he saw what it was. You served it up as Cas began his speech. 

  "I have been good friends with both of you and your sister for a very long time, and you both know that I always try to do right by you. And I have recently realized that I have feelings for Y/n, and I wanted to ask your permission to be with her." Cas explained. The tension in the room grew unbearably thick instantly. You swore you saw Dean reach for his gun. 

  "I care for her a lot, and I would never do anything to hurt her. Regardless, we will be together whether you give us permission or not. I do hope that isn't what happens, though." Cas continued, standing impossibly still. He looked at you and you gave him an encouraging smile, hoping it would make him feel better. 

  "Cas is such a sweetheart, and I like him a lot. He makes me so happy, you guys." You added, hoping to win them over. Your brothers looked at you, both obviously thinking very hard. You walked over, grabbing Cas' hand as the two of you waited for their opinions. 

  "Alright. You're a good guy, Cas. Treat her right, and I won't have any problems. You have my 'permission.'" Sam said, and you smiled. Sam went back to his research, and all attention was on Dean. 

  "You promise to give her everything she deserves and keep her safe?" Dean asked. Cas nodded. "Then okay, you two have my permission, too. Just.. don't hurt her or I'll kick your ass." Dean said, before digging into his pie. You looked at Cas, a grin spreading on your face. Cas murmured a quick thank you before the two of you hurried out of the room and down the hall. Once you were far enough away from the library, Cas picked you up bridal style. You let out a little squeak, wrapping your arms around his neck.

  "Does this mean I can take you on a date now?" He asked, and you smiled. 

  "Hmm.. depends. What did you have in mind?" You asked, tilting your head. Cas smiled, kissing your cheek. 

  "That's a surprise." He said, and you giggled. He really could be romantic when he wanted to.