Lies Part Two

Synopsis: After you left, Dean set out to find you. He knew he couldn't bring you back to Sam, but he needed to see you again. 

"Oh, I don't mean you're handsome, not the way people think of handsome. Your face seems kind. But your eyes- they're beautiful. They're wild, crazy, like some kind of animal peering out of a forest on fire." 

~Your POV~ 

       It had been two months since you left Sam, and you had never felt so free. You did local hunts, but during your free time you stayed in the forest. You had driven until you hit Oregon, and then you just stayed. You missed Dean more than anything, but you had to stay away from Sam. You could not fall into the trap again. You sat in the booth of your favorite diner, feasting on scones when suddenly someone sat in front of you. You looked up and smiled, it was the waitress that always gave you free coffee. 

   "Hey sweetie, how are you?" She asked, and you sighed before replying. 

  "I miss my best friend so much, I left because his brother and I were in a really bad relationship, but I miss Dean a lot." You explained. 

   "Why don't you just give him a call? It wouldn't hurt to just talk to him." She pointed out. You sighed, taking a sip of your coffee. 

   "I- I don't know his number." You replied, shaking your head a bit. "You and I both know that's crap, based on what I'm hearing, you like him. Like like, my guess is you have his number memorized." She said, and your eyes widened. 

  "Dean? No! No way, I would never- is it that obvious?" You asked, earning a laugh from your close friend. 

  "Call him." She said before standing up and going to actually do her job. When you got back to your hotel, you pulled out your phone and sighed. She was right, you had thought about calling Dean so many times that you had the number memorized. 

  "It's just a phone call, he's my best friend, also the man I'm in love with. The least I can do is call him." You muttered, before grabbing the phone and dialing the number. It rang three times before he picked up. 

"Hello?" Dean's voice sounded the same, and you couldn't help but smile . 

"Hey stranger." You replied. 

"Y/n, oh my God. What's going on? Are you okay?" Classic Dean, always assuming the worst. 

"What, I can't call and catch up with my best friend?" You asked. 

 "No, it's just, it's been two months and this is the first time you've called." 

"Yeah, I was scared you would be mad at me for leaving." You admitted. 

"But I was the one who told you too, that's stupid. You shouldn't be scared." Dean replied. 

"I know, I'm sorry. So... umm, how's- how's Sam?" You asked, wishing you could just get the question out without breaking down. 

 "He's- that's a different story. Let's not talk about him. Where are you? What are you doing?" Dean asked. 

  "I'm in Oregon, close to lake of the woods. I do local cases but I mostly spend my time in the woods." You explained. 

  "Cool, I wish I was there." Dean said. 

"You should come visit, but don't bring Sam if you do. I don't want to see him." You said. 

  "I would never dream of bringing him, and maybe I will visit you. I'll think about it." He promised. 

  "Alright, I have to go. A large pepperoni pizza is calling my name." You said, earning a laugh from Dean. 

  "Okay, bye Y/n." He said. 

  "Bye." You replied. You set the phone down and laid back on the bed, a deep sigh bursting out of you. No matter how hard you tried, you couldn't even give Dean a hint of how you felt. There was a knock on the door and you stood up to get it, grinning broadly when you saw it was the pizza man. 

   "Here's your pizza, that'll be $7.86." He said. You handed him a ten dollar bill, told him to keep the change, and shut the door. Sitting on the couch in your room, you turned on the TV and pulled out a slice of deliciousness. 

~A week and a half later~ 

     You were almost asleep, and you would have been if it weren't for the ass hole that was pounding on your door. Groaning, you climbed out of bed and trudged towards the door. Swinging it open, you began to rant. 

   "Listen here, I don't know who you think you are but I was almost asleep. And when people keep me from slumber without my consent it doesn't- Wait, Dean?!?!?!" You screeched, realizing the person at your door was your long lost best friend.

  "Hey there." He said, you squealed and threw your arms around his neck, knocking him back a few steps. 

  "What are you doing here? How did you find me?" You asked after letting him go, you gestured for him to come into the hotel room and shut the door. 

  "I told you I would come visit, and I just asked around for you. Apparently you've made quite a reputation here." Dean said, holding back a laugh. You just smiled and shook your head. 

  "I can't believe you're here. It's been so long." You murmured, and Dean nodded in agreement. Then he suddenly became serious. 

  "Y/n, I have something to tell you and you're not going to like it." There was a clap of thunder, and ran started to pour outside. 

  "What is it Dean?" You asked, fearing what his answer would be. He rubbed his palms together before answering. 

  "I told Sam I was going on a solo hunt, but he said he wasn't going to let me go alone. He's in the car outside." Dean muttered, and your body went cold. 

   "No." You breathed out, and Dean came towards you but you backed away, shaking your head. "I told you if you come don't bring him! I made sure you know I didn't want him here!" You yelled, and you were sure you'd never seen Dean so guilty. You glared at him, before throwing open your door and walking out in the rain. You walked down the street, needing more than anything to get away from where Sam was. 

  "Y/n wait!" Dean yelled, and you turned around. He stood there, in the rain, staring straight at you. You crossed your arms over your chest, still extremely angry. 

  "What do you want Dean?" You yelled, and he began to walk over. 

 "Y/n, I came here to tell you something. And I didn't want Sam to come, more than anything I didn't want him here. But he insisted, didn't give me a choice. I-I'm sorry." Dean explained, and you nodded. 

   "What did you need to tell me?" You asked, looking up at him through the pouring rain. Dean looked up at the sky, before looking down at you and beginning his speech. 

  "Y/n, I love you. I've loved you since before you started dating Sam. I was always a coward to tell you how I feel, and I regretted that every time Sam hurt you. I know I should have told you how I felt, but I- I was scared you wouldn't feel the same. But now, now that it's the first time we've been away from each other for more than a couple days, I knew I had to tell you. I love you Y/n." He finished off. You hit him on the back of the head, and he made an 'ow' noise. 

  "You idiot. I love you too." You said, before pulling his collar and smashing your lips to his. 

        "What the hell is this?" You pulled away to see Sam staring at the two of you, fury evident on his face.