Lies

Sam X Reader

 Synopsis: You know Sam is cheating on you, but you "love" him too much to leave. He just means to much to you. This is about how much his cheating is hurting you.   

(I don't think Sam would ever do that, but I chose him for this one. Also, I thought the song went well with this chapter.) 

   You sat at the library table, waiting for Sam to get back from his errand. You knew he wasn't on any errand, but it hurt to say what he was actually doing out loud. Dean knew what Sam did too, and gave you countless talks about leaving Sam. He told Sam to stop hurting you like he did, but neither of you listened. Dean was currently in his room, probably nursing a whiskey bottle. The bunker door opened, and Sam came walking in. His hair was messy and his neck had a little lipstick on it. He also smelled like perfume. Every sign of the other woman was like a stab through your heart, but you smiled through the pain. 

   "Hey baby, how did your errand go?" You asked, standing up and reaching for the man that held your heart. He stepped out of your reach, looking at you with distaste. 

   "It was fine, I'm going to my room. Why don't you make some coffee or something?" Sam asked, and you nodded ferociously. 

  "Yes, I'll get right on that." You promised, already scurrying to the kitchen to bid Sam's every wish. The second you were in the kitchen, you broke down in sobs. You didn't understand. Why weren't you good enough for him? We couldn't he love you like you loved him? What was wrong with you? All these questions were constantly swimming in your brain, reminding you of how you couldn't make him happy. You made sure the coffee was brewing before sitting on the floor and letting the pain overtake you. You remembered the first time Sam had been with someone else, he had had lipstick on his lips. After he had gone to bed you went into the bathroom and cried. While crying, you saw the hunting knife on the counter. You had worn long sleeves ever since. 

   "What's wrong?" You were snapped back to reality to see Sam standing above you. For a flash of a second you saw your old Sam, but it was quickly gone. Sighing, you stood up. 

   "Nothing, I'm fine. I'll get your coffee." You said, wiping your face. Sam sat at the table, and you handed him his mug. He didn't so much as look at you and you quickly left to your room. You shut the door and laid on the bed. You had shed all your tears, so now they were just dry sobs. Your sleeve rode up a bit, showing a few of your many scars. 

   "Y/n?" You quieted down, cursing Dean for caring so much about you. Maybe too much.

       "Go away." You called back, curling into a ball. The door creaked open, showing the green-eyed hunter. He closed the door behind him and laid next to you. 

   "Why don't you just leave? Not just him, but us. Sure it'll hurt me, but I care about you Y/n. You don't deserve to be treated like this. My brother's being a real dick." Dean said. 

   "I love him Dean. No matter what he does, I love him. I can't leave." You said numbly, and you wondered if that was even true anymore. Dean grabbed your hand. 

   "Crying over him all the time is not love. Waiting for him every day to come back from sleeping with another woman is not love. Y/n, can't you see? You don't love him, he doesn't love you. Not anymore." Dean said. You turned to look at him, a small smile on your lips. 

   "Then what do I do?" You whispered. You didn't want to leave Dean, he was your best friend and the person who helped you through everything. Dean pulled you to him, and you nuzzled into his chest. 

   "You pack up your things and get the hell out of here." Dean muttered, rubbing soothing circles on your back. You nodded, sniffling. You would have to leave Dean. 

  "I'm gonna miss you so much." You said, all the pain you've felt evident in your voice. 

   "I'll miss you too, but I can't handle seeing Sam hurt you. You need to go." Dean said, and you pulled away. 

  "I'll leave tonight. But I'm saying goodbye first." You promised. Dean sat up against the headboard, hands in his lap. 

  "Alright, whatever you say." Dean said, a smirk on his lips. He was praying to God that you couldn't see behind his mask, to see how much this hurt him and made him relieved at the same time. 

  That night, after hugging Dean goodbye, you put your stuff in the back of your car and drove away from the bunker. You felt free, but also felt a tug on your heart every time you thought about Dean. 

~Dean's POV~ 

    The next morning, I hadn't gotten any sleep since y/n left, Sam burst into my room. I didn't move, didn't even blink, just looked at him. 

   "Where is she? Where's Y/n?" Sam asked, and it seemed Y/n leaving brought back the old Sam; he looked truly and utterly devastated. 

   "You expected her to stay here when you slept with another woman every day? She didn't deserve to be treated like shit, Sam." I spat, climbing out of bed. 

   "I- She- We- Dean, I love her. I need her." Sam pleaded. If there was ever a time I would kick my brother's ass, it would be now.

  "You should have thought about that before causing her so much pain. She's gone, she isn't coming back." I told him, watching his face fall. I honestly felt the same way, Y/n meant so much to me. 

   "What am I going to do without her?" Sam asked, sinking down onto my bed. Was he serious? 

   "Sam, you've got to be joking. Until you have a good reason to act like Y/n leaving was anyone but your fault, get the hell out of my room." I growled. Once Sam was out, I fell onto the bed. I was in agony. Why? Because, and this was never going to be said out loud, I loved Y/n. I loved her, and I just wish she could have seen I was always an option.