Little

Child!Reader X Team Free Will

Requested by @GraceStrait

Synopsis: You are a child that got caught in the middle of a hunt, and by the time it was over there was no one to take you in. Which lead to the decision that Sam, Dean, and Cas would take care of you. (Your age is around 4 or 5)

    "Dean, she's going to bleed out! Do something!" Sam yelled, pressing his hands to the little girl's wound. She whimpered in pain, trying to scoot away. Sam kept her still, cursing under his breath as his hands were already covered in blood. 

    "What am I supposed to do?" Dean yelled, just as panicked at the sight of the pale, blood covered child. He knelt next to Sam, trying to get a good look at the damage. 

  "Call Cas! I don't know, just please hurry!" Sam pleaded, pressing harder and causing the little girl to cry out. Sam grit his teeth so hard it hurt, doing everything he could to keep her still without causing her too much pain. 

  "Cas, I really hope you have your ears on. We've got an emergency, and we really need you. Please, just.. hurry." Dean prayed, opening his eyes as he finished. He looked at Sam, the brothers meeting panicked gazes. Then there was silence. 

Silence.

Then the flutter of wings from behind them. 

"Dean, Sam. What's wrong?" Came the familiar gravelly voice. Both Winchesters turned to look at him, relieved breaths coming out of him. They moved out of the way, revealing the bleeding child. 

"Heal her, please." Sam choked out, realizing just how dry his throat was. Castiel furrowed his brows before stepping forward and crouching in front of the toddler. Two fingers to her forehead had her bleeding stop and her breathing even as she instantly fell asleep from exhaustion. Sam and Dean both closed their eyes, being able to relax for the first time in hours. 

"Thanks, Cas." Dean murmured. Sam nodded in agreement, taking a deep breath before standing. Castiel also stood, looking up at the older Winchester. 

"Of course, but what are you going to do with the child? She has no more family, and from what I'm told foster care is not very comfortable." 

Sam blinked. He hadn't thought of that. He looked at Dean, who was now standing, looking for an answer. Dean just shrugged, having no idea. But a little voice in the back of his head whispered, keep her

"We could always... keep her." Dean thought aloud, voice barely a whisper. His little brother and the Angel looked at him, surprised. 

"Dean, are you sure? She's a living, breathing person. And It's not like we have the greatest lives to raise a kid in." Sam objected. Dean nodded, he did have a point. 

"I know, but it's the best option we've got right now. Plus, I've always wanted a kid." Dean shrugged, trying not to show just how true his words was. Sam saw right through the nonchalance. He could tell Dean really wanted this. Sam did too. So, of course, he gave in. 

"Alright, fine. But that means we have a lot of work to do. We don't have anything for a little girl. Cas, you okay with being a part-time Dad?" Sam asked, getting the Angel's attention. Cas didn't think he'd be included in the upbringing of this child. 

"Oh, um, yes, I'm okay with that. I think raising this girl will be rather enjoyable." Castiel nodded, and Sam smiled. 

Team Free Will was going to raise a little girl. (A little girl that will probably have bad ass hunting skills and an unhealthy reliance on family)

~Timeskip because I've got other stories to update and I'm too lazy to write boring stuff~

After about three days of shopping, arguing, and nursing the little girl, who's name they'd found out was Y/n, back to health, they finally had a room for her in the bunker. Dean had painted the walls purple with white daisies splattering the walls because "She needs to have a normal little girl's room.", she had clothes picked out by Sam, and more toys than she could ever need from Castiel. 

She seemed to warm up instantly to the three men, babbling to them about anything and everything she could when she was feeling better. She would constantly tug on Castiel's trench coat when she wanted to get picked up, and she'd sit with Sam for hours as he read and she would play with her dolls. She'd eat pie with Dean and always insist on going with Dean for a drive when he went on a supply run. 

Sam had laid Y/n down for a nap about an hour ago, and the two Winchesters researched in the library while Castiel was off doing who knows what. They sat in silence, the only sound was their breathing. Then the little pitter patter of feet as Y/n walked into the library, hair all ratted and eyes squinted from sleep. Sam and Dean turned to look at her, smiles tugging at their lips as she looked up at them, her teddy bear hanging from her tiny hand. 

"Daddy?" She asked, looking at both of them. Their breaths hitched in their throats, hearts swelling. Neither of them had ever felt that special in their lives. And that? That was how they knew they were going to like having that little girl. 

Part two coming at some point when I have enough drive to update. Hopefully soon. Sorry I'm a terrible person. *apologetic smile*